Brunswick's 175th Anniversary

bigchase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any of you guys submitting an entry into Brunswick's table design competition for their 175th Anniversary?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157617879287230&id=171386837229
3b68ef314dcd5c5970f3eb80077b95bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hard to beat that kling or whatever it is pt109 for beauty

be nice if the more modern rail design could be incorporated also

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
This is kind of interesting. I am more concerned about them being SCRAPPED or SOLD to the Chinese by their new owner KPS financial.

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
hard to beat that kling or whatever it is pt109 for beauty

be nice if the more modern rail design could be incorporated also

You know, Dean.....I would like to see a Diamond one-piece slate and Diamond rails
sitting on that frame....never did like the T-rails.
Diamond could make a set of rails that would complement the Kling design.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is kind of interesting. I am more concerned about them being SCRAPPED or SOLD to the Chinese by their new owner KPS financial.

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:
About all they do is assemble stuff that's already made in China. Do they even make one complete table in the US? Its Brunswick in name only.

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know, Dean.....I would like to see a Diamond one-piece slate and Diamond rails
sitting on that frame....never did like the T-rails.
Diamond could make a set of rails that would complement the Kling design.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
About all they do is assemble stuff that's already made in China. Do they even make one complete table in the US? Its Brunswick in name only.

That does not bother me. What does is that they most likely have not turned a profit in a very long time, hence, their parent corp selling them off...

The Gold Crown and predecessor tables were what built the company. They abandoned the core of their business and now look at them...

Trent

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Kling has already been remade

This is kind of interesting. I am more concerned about them being SCRAPPED or SOLD to the Chinese by their new owner KPS financial. Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

Golden West already built a Kling, they had one in Tulsa at Ameni's

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard from a reputable source Brunswick will be doing a limited edition Centennial table for their 175th Anniversary.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I heard from a reputable source Brunswick will be doing a limited edition Centennial table for their 175th Anniversary.

So if it is a "reputable source", who said that? I hope they do not, it would most likely be junk like the Gibson table that they modeled after the Anniversary. It would cost a ridiculous amount to make a reproduction. Not to mention no Brazilian rosewood since it was added to the CITES treaty...

Trent from Toledo

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So if it is a "reputable source", who said that? I hope they do not, it would most likely be junk like the Gibson table that they modeled after the Anniversary. It would cost a ridiculous amount to make a reproduction. Not to mention no Brazilian rosewood since it was added to the CITES treaty...

Trent from Toledo

Top selling Brunswick retailer was told by Brunswick. Supposedly, a modern 1945 Centennial.

Link please

No link. Verbal info.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Eh.. Am I the only one seeing this "contest" as a definitive declaration that this company is dead? I mean... They are basically asking their customers to design a table for them, because they no longer have their finger on the pulse of the market, and can't come up with ideas on their own.

They pay maybe $500.00 to the winner, and they get to keep all the table ideas, as I am SURE they require one to sign away the rights to any design submitted to this "contest".

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Eh.. Am I the only one seeing this "contest" as a definitive declaration that this company is dead? I mean... They are basically asking their customers to design a table for them, because they no longer have their finger on the pulse of the market, and can't come up with ideas on their own.

They pay maybe $500.00 to the winner, and they get to keep all the table ideas, as I am SURE they require one to sign away the rights to any design submitted to this "contest".
No need to guess, click on the link and you'll find that is not the case at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk