Is this a Verl Horn?

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm finding out that cues are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
I offered a killer deal on here and nobody touched it.
Good luck to the new owner if they're planning to make money on it.
Probably will be a nice classic player for someone looking to pad their personal collection.

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plus the seller is a monster douchebag and this cue might be the one that has ebony diamonds inlaid into the points to correct a mistake. It's a $1400 cue with less than full shafts

Just reporting, not expressing any opinion on price or otherwise: It sold for $2000.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes ,it is a Horn

i bought several like it from verl back in the day
they were not balabushkaphonies
the white in the rings is ivory

i could tell you a very funny story about one of these and how a famous
pro pool player

rest assured it is a verl horn cue

if it is for sale i woud like to have one
not at crazy prices,but a fair price

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Just reporting, not expressing any opinion on price or otherwise: It sold for $2000.

This particular cue has ebony diamond inlays above the MOP diamonds. I'm guessing he screwed up the placement and plugged the initial holes. Super sloppy work and a far cry from $2000

Gorgeous blank, but Verl pooched this one

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't see any diamonds,except the mother of pearl notched diamonds
i may be looking at the wrong cue,black phenolic or acrylic,dred acrylic rings,mop dots is what i saw

at the time of verl horn inlays were done by hand and the work is to be compared to balabushka,
not that verl was as talented as George

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I didn't see any diamonds,except the mother of pearl notched diamonds
i may be looking at the wrong cue,black phenolic or acrylic,dred acrylic rings,mop dots is what i saw

at the time of verl horn inlays were done by hand and the work is to be compared to balabushka,
not that verl was as talented as George

Ebony diamonds inlaid into ebony can't really be seen under finish from 10ft photos, but they are there. Verl laid diamonds I to the wrong place, too far up toward the joint. He covered up his mistake and put MOP diamonds into the correct place to compare to Balabushka.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
For what's it worth, here's the forearm.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Verl.jpg
    Verl.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 323

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Here's a close-up of that forearm. Was refinished but you can still see it with a flashlight or at the right angle up close

Attachments

• 20200203_202752.jpg
    20200203_202752.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 278

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would like to see the cue
it does appear to have a diamond shape,i couldn't see it at first

my eyes are not that good

i never saw verl do anything like that,
is it possible a previous owner did this,are all 4 points the same?

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Here's a close-up of that forearm. Was refinished but you can still see it with a flashlight or at the right angle up close

Not to doubt you, but that white diamond inlay looks to matte to be mother of pearl, and I don't see a notch where it should be. Do you have a bigger picture that shows the whole mother of pearl diamond, as well as the refinished ebony diamond left over?

All the best,
WW

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Not to doubt you, but that white diamond inlay looks to matte to be mother of pearl, and I don't see a notch where it should be. Do you have a bigger picture that shows the whole mother of pearl diamond, as well as the refinished ebony diamond left over?

All the best,
WW

That was while I had it at a refinishers shop with the finish sanded off. It's the same cue