Justin Bergmans playing shaft

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kiehl wood is a lighter wood with a darker tone. Cuemakers like Pat Diveney makes shafts with it. It is also used in some golf clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was later discussed in the stream that its actually torrefied wood. Shaft was made by Pat Diveney. Again this was all heard on the stream from Mark Wilson.

Last edited:

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too!

My Diveney LD Kiel Wood 12.65 diameter 30" shaft should be here any day.

Then I will be as good or better then Bergman, I can't wait!

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I recently received my Keelwood shaft from Pat, it plays great !

Please write a review after you have played with it a while.

Weight
Joint type. Joint Diameter. Insert or not.
Pro Taper or not.
Solid shaft or hollowed out front end.
Ferrell Material and length.

Prather list the shaft blanks on their website. They state that it is a processed hard maple, that should never warp.

Does it play and feel like a regular maple shaft. But with less squirt. Can you curve a ball with it like a regular shaft.

I have been trying to play with LD shafts for about three years and have given up.

trfitters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had Larry Vigus finish 2 for me from the Prather blanks. They are fairly lightweight and fairly low deflection although that has more to do with taper and design. I didn’t care for them. Just didn’t have a solid feel to me. YMMV.

Edit: Also it is Kielwood and it is actually heat treated solid maple that is put into a Kiln.

Last edited:

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These may be finest hitting & ld shafts on market they play very well. Diviney & RICHARD Hsu great finds for them!

Althair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Richard Hsu makes them from a single piece of wood. Prather (if I'm not mistaken) uses laminated pie slices. I have a cue coming soon from Richard with a 3/8 x 10 kielwood shaft.
f03e907c02d1d466aa6d50c72349401d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600U using Tapatalk

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to this video, he is using an OB Phoenix shaft and is now sponsored by OB. OB facebook page says Justin is a sponsored player also. Fast forward to 15:50.....

https://youtu.be/ZHmO85UjDgw

It is a torrified shaft. No idea if Keil wood uses the same process.

Last edited:

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
Kielwood is Torrified

Justin used to use a Roberto Franco Kielwood shaft, kin heat treated super hard maple, zero warpage and perfectly straight and very low deflection.

Since he was recently sponsored by OB and Roberto Franco also works for OB one would figure it wasn't much of switch, both the Kielwood and Torrified play jam up.