Judd Fuller price check

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious as to what his cues are going for. Non cored ebony, 8 veneered tulipwood points in forearm and eight in butt with ivory and silver diamonds. 1 shaft.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Veneered ?
Or recuts ?
Judd told me himself he did not use veneers ( except on the rings ) when he was still here in Riverside.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Veneered ?
Or recuts ?
Judd told me himself he did not use veneers ( except on the rings ) when he was still here in Riverside.

Yeah veneered points would be unusual. Perhaps a custom request cue?
Judd's cues are excellent hitters. I had the opportunity to snag one for myself... JT-5 with the starbursts and 2 shafts. They can sell for around $1800.00. No clue what the OP's cue would sell for.

Lesh

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Th maple points were recut for the tulip points.
Judd had a Gorton mill he bought from McWorter.
He did not do veneers.
He did recuts. More labor intensive and demands more accuracy imo.

RIP Judd.

AZBombero

Registered
I was fortunate to have Judd and Trudy build my cues. I also have a JT-5 that Judd refinished before he passed that I am looking to sell. I buy Judds when I find them and then wonder why later.:thumbup:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I picked up a couple of nice 8 pointers last week, and although the Judd prices haven't skyrocketed, there are more & more guys looking for Judd cues every day.

These were never super expensive from Judd, but this cue with one shaft is worth at least a grand.

That older ringwork is cool
Real nice cue

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did some research last night and found that this cue with two shafts was $2500 from Judd in 2007 and that the woods are ebony, tulipwood and Osage orange.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Is Judds stcker type signature label somewhere on this cue? My cue has that type signature a rub on sticker under the finish. I would like to have my cue refinished but don't want to lose the sticker.

Thanks

Kevin

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He did not do veneers.

RIP Judd.

So this cue would be a 32 point?

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He did not do veneers.

RIP Judd.

Did something happen to Judd?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I did some research last night and found that this cue with two shafts was $2500 from Judd in 2007 and that the woods are ebony, tulipwood and Osage orange.

That would be great, but it doesn't realistically fit Judds pricing structure, especially back then.
These days it's possible, but I certainly hope that it's true.

In the last two weeks I've bought 6 Judds, all from friends or friends of friends, not online stuff.
3 sneakies, 2 8- pointers and a jump break.

Will you be listing this cue?

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would be great, but it doesn't realistically fit Judds pricing structure, especially back then.
These days it's possible, but I certainly hope that it's true.

In the last two weeks I've bought 6 Judds, all from friends or friends of friends, not online stuff.
3 sneakies, 2 8- pointers and a jump break.

Will you be listing this cue?

I will be listing it, on eBay also.

It sold here in 2009 and per a PO, when he ordered two other shafts, which apparently were sold separately, was informed by Judd that the cue was $2,500 new. Maybe the 16 silver inlays made it more expensive, not sure. I'm just going by my research. I've never owned a Judd or spoke with him when he was alive. I'm just trying to figure out a realistic secondary market price for the cue. Cornerstone is asking $2,300 for a similar one with less "bling" but with two shafts. I'm not saying that this cue demands that price, I'm just using it as a reference point.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I will be listing it, on eBay also.

It sold here in 2009 and per a PO, when he ordered two other shafts, which apparently were sold separately, was informed by Judd that the cue was $2,500 new. Maybe the 16 silver inlays made it more expensive, not sure. I'm just going by my research. I've never owned a Judd or spoke with him when he was alive. I'm just trying to figure out a realistic secondary market price for the cue. Cornerstone is asking $2,300 for a similar one with less "bling" but with two shafts. I'm not saying that this cue demands that price, I'm just using it as a reference point.

I'm rooting for you
:smile:

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I was the second owner of this cue. A gentleman in England designed it. I made a trade to get this cue. That cue sold new for 2,750.00. A friend of mine bought it from me. HOWEVER MY FRIEND BROKE THIS CUE diagonally just above the forearm. It was discussed about how it broke here on AZB but I can't find that post. Greg Sowder put it back together and did a hella of a job repairing it. As a broken cue that was repaired its hard to tell what it is worth.

Last edited: