Let's hear some great team names!

Plagueis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As the title suggest I'd like to some team names you've seen or heard in league that caught your attention, clever or funny
Some good ones from my league would be:
Chalk and Awe
3 Sticks and a Rack (3 men and a women on the team)
Shut Up and Drink!
8Ball Express
Beerview Mirror
Short Cues and Small Tips
ChalkBlockers
Caught Strokin'
Cuetease (a nice double entendre for a team of 4 women)

Kjs48

Registered
How about : 5 eyes and a Patch
1 player on a three man Masters League has a torn Retina and where's a Patch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the best names include the name of the location, unless the owner doesn't contribute anything to the team.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had:

"Bye Week" They took that away because it told you who you played next week and some teams thought they were off.

"Breaking Badly" was a good one.

jonpador

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sofa King Awsome...actually approved by apa so they gotta call it out at regionals

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pocket Protectors. Most of the team members are older and a few engineers, but we are no longer nerdy and don't wear them anymore, except maybe when time for a team picture.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
My team was the Ball Busters and when we took over 1st place 2 seasons ago we were asked to change it because it was on the national UPA web site and it was family oriented and our name was considered offensive.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Hahaha. I like Beer View Mirror.

Locally, we have Bros and No Hos. 2 Brothers who play Scotch together.

Have to check my score sheet. There are a few rather original or funny names, others not so much.

My ex wife and myself used to be, "The Nerve Rackers".

We had nice golf shirts made. We were in Vegas one year and I ran into a girl whos team was also called The Nerve Rackers.

My old team used to be called, "After 8". We played after 8 pm and we were after the 8.

Oh, one year we were also called, "Takin A Break".

The team I am playing the last half season with is called, "The Regent Regulars". The Regent Restaurant and Bar. I kinda thought, next year, "The Regent Regulators".

Last edited:

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the idea of Bye Week to confuse opponents! The worst name I've come across is a team named Ball Drainers.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Our 8-ball team is Beer Drinking Donkeys.

One of the guys would call himself a donkey after missing a shot badly, and an idea was born. Now our league night, Tuesday, has become Donkey Time. It was funny watching the LO call it out the first time at a tri cup.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I named our team at a 3 person tournament using the first letters of our names. ETC.

It looked good on the winners side of the bracket as we advanced to the hotseat. Unfortunately, the person announcing the matches spelled it out instead of saying Etcetera.

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am captain of the team, "Balls to the Wall"........we came in 1st last session! :thumbup:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No idea

On the first day of a session we were trying to come up with a team name and we asked a guy named Sam who said "no idea".

When the league operator asked us what our team name was we told him no idea. He said "Well you have to come up with a name" :)