Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page American 14.1 Straight Pool 2018
Page 4 of 9 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-17-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
Apparently that game was 125-0 rather than 125-60.
the stream team said he had ran 60 before tom walter came up. so maybe they were watching someone else.

on a side note, I love how they have incorporated the 3 cushion scoring system into this. I love how everything is presented on that frame.

Old
  (#47)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2018, 10:12 AM

Dechaine just beat Gorst 125 to 14 in 4 innings in the streamed match.

Old
  (#48)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positively Ralf View Post
the stream team said he had ran 60 before tom walter came up. so maybe they were watching someone else.

on a side note, I love how they have incorporated the 3 cushion scoring system into this. I love how everything is presented on that frame.
When commentators give numbers, beware.

As to scoring, wrongly scored games in 14.1 tournaments have been common. While I sort of hate to see high tech impinge on our old, traditional straight pool game, I guess it is better than having games wrongly scored.

Quote:
And Mike says he hates straight pool. He pocketed balls really well in this match. His 4 innings were: ran 42 and scratched on the break, ran 42 and played safe, ran 26 and missed, ran 16 to victory. His "Hohmann" power break was working well, too.

Old
  (#49)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2018, 10:45 AM

P.S. I've lost track today of where to find the Cuesco live scoring. Anyone have a link?

Last edited by AtLarge; 10-17-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Old
  (#50)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Anybody know the size of the pocket openings on the streamed table matches? My guess just from eyeballing the overhead online view is no tighter than 4-3/4", and possibly even 5", which would partly account for the high runs - not that it still isn't quite impressive.

Old
  (#51)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member

10-17-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNC View Post
Anybody know the size of the pocket openings on the streamed table matches? My guess just from eyeballing the overhead online view is no tighter than 4-3/4", and possibly even 5", which would partly account for the high runs - not that it still isn't quite impressive.
I can tell you right now it is not the tight table the room usually has in the same spot. But yeah, very very generous pockets on all those tables as I've played on all of them for the leagues being ran out of there.

Old
  (#52)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member

10-17-2018, 12:12 PM

125 and out for Hohmann against Chinahov.

Quote:
I can tell you right now it is not the tight table the room usually has in the same spot. But yeah, very very generous pockets on all those tables as I've played on all of them for the leagues being ran out of there.
The table has the number 22 on the side, if that helps you spot it as one of the room's normal tables. They said on stream that it is a "normal" Gold Crown. Looks like it might be 5" corners, but I don't really know.

Edit -- That Hohmann game was under an hour. I predict the next one isn't.

Last edited by AtLarge; 10-17-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Old
  (#53)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member

10-17-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
The table has the number 22 on the side, if that helps you spot it as one of the room's normal tables. They said on stream that it is a "normal" Gold Crown. Looks like it might be 5" corners, but I don't really know.
Yup, it's one of the normal tables at the place. Again, very generous pockets, especially for players of this caliber.

With how fast these stream games are going, I wish they would add another match right away if the players are available. unless the TO runs a very strict timeframe and it cannot be accommodated. Either way, fun games.

Old
  (#54)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member

10-17-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
P.S. I've lost track today of where to find the Cuesco live scoring. Anyone have a link?
found it: http://pool.cuesco.net/competition/liveScore?idx=2

Old
  (#55)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member

10-17-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
... As to scoring, wrongly scored games in 14.1 tournaments have been common. While I sort of hate to see high tech impinge on our old, traditional straight pool game, I guess it is better than having games wrongly scored. ...
Looks like I spoke too soon. In the just-concluded Kaci/Schmidt match, we had a scoring error. John scratched on a break shot and a point was not deducted. Fortunately, it had no effect on the outcome of the game.

So the high-tech approach is still subject to user error.

Old
  (#56)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2018, 07:18 PM

Efren!!!!

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
Do it like Efren: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yrqhJixAmWY One cool rack after opponent safety..
8-ball trickshots https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Fu...ature=youtu.be

Old
  (#57)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member

10-17-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolmanis View Post
Efren!!!!
Yessir. Out in 2 attempted scoring innings with runs of 37 and 89 (with a scratch ending the first run).

Last edited by AtLarge; 10-17-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Old
  (#58)
arcstats
AzB Silver Member
arcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Looks like I spoke too soon. In the just-concluded Kaci/Schmidt match, we had a scoring error. John scratched on a break shot and a point was not deducted. Fortunately, it had no effect on the outcome of the game.

So the high-tech approach is still subject to user error.
I just watched the replay and you're right, but I'm not sure it was a user error. Schmidt scratched on a break shot with the score 25-13. He posted his foul because it showed -1. When Kaci cleared the table and updated the score, Schmidt's score remained at 25, but the foul was reset to 0. Sounds more like a software issue, not a user issue.

Old
  (#59)
Cameron Smith
is kind of hungry...
Cameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2018, 08:55 PM

The stream has been awesome so far. I havenít been able to watch as much as I want but I look forward to going back and watching the rest of the matches. This is easily the toughest 14.1 event in the world.

I would kill for a nobel peace prize

Old
  (#60)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member

10-17-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcstats View Post
I just watched the replay and you're right, but I'm not sure it was a user error. Schmidt scratched on a break shot with the score 25-13. He posted his foul because it showed -1. When Kaci cleared the table and updated the score, Schmidt's score remained at 25, but the foul was reset to 0. Sounds more like a software issue, not a user issue.
Aha, good sleuthing.

Edit -- But that situation (scratch on a break shot followed by opponent running the full rack) occurred several times with correct scoring.

Last edited by AtLarge; 10-17-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Page 4 of 9 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: