Is Predator taking over the sport?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator shafts and cues dominate.

Predator sponsors every event under the sun.

Now they just introduced cloth and ball sets.

They are the title sponsor of the World Championships 10 ball.

Do you think they will expand further? What other product lines? I'd love for them to come out with a table. I think everything they do is at the highest class of our sport.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Great question.

Regarding equipment, I'm sure they are looking at continuing to expand their product line to the extent that they see it as lucrative. As you say, they make great products.

As for pro pool, it's possible they'll do even more, but I think Predator will assess further investments in pro pool in America on a case by case basis. If they feel they got a sufficient return on their investment in the World 10-ball event, they'll probably consider sponsoring or even creating another event.

Essentially, they face the same decision as Matchroom Sports. In 2019, Matchroom committed a lot of money to their new edition of the US Open 9-ball. They'll decide how much bang they got for their buck, and it will affect their appetite for further investment in pro pool in America.

Cross your fingers. Predator and Matchroom are great companies and we'd love to see them get more active in the pro pool scene in America.

Last edited:

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way I see it. Predator is Just a small example of a continually growing list regarding China dominating the manufacturing world. They will own pool in 10 years.

-Kat,

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great question.

Regarding equipment, I'm sure they are looking at continuing to expand their product line to the extent that they see it as lucrative. As you say, they make great products.

As for pro pool, it's possible they'll do even more, but I think Predator will assess further investments in pro pool in America on a case by case basis. If they feel they got a sufficient return on their investment in the World 10-ball event, they'll probably consider sponsoring or even creating another event.

Essentially, they face the same decision as Matchroom Sports. In 2019, Matchroom committed a lot of money to their new edition of the US Open 9-ball. They'll decide how much bang they got for their buck, and it will affect their appetite for further investment in pro pool in America.

Cross your fingers. Predator and Matchroom are great companies and we'd love to see them get more active in the pro pool scene in America.

AMEN!! "Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio" and Brunswick! Those were the days!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spoiler alert: The balls are made by Cyclop. Given that, I'd venture to say they are getting the cloth from one of the major manufacturers. Still, kudos to the for "brining" branded products to the market. It certainly cannot hurt.

The bigger question is, is XinBiing Co. taking over as the preeminent ball manufacturer? They currently manufacture the Cyclop brand and are private labeling the Predator Arcos II's as well as the Dynaspheres most recently seen in the Gabriels booth at the BCA Expo. To my knowledge, Saluc manufactures the Aramith brand as well as private label for Brunswick (Centennials).

I'm curious how many Cyclop hating Predator junkies will proclaim the Arcos II as the best pool balls on the planet? Should be interesting.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pool community is lucky to have a company like Predator around. I do not currently own one Predator product but i really appreciate them being in the game.

BelleBelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s awesome that predator was able to sponsor the world 10 ball event and be as active as they are. The predator world 10 ball event was won with a Southwest cue. Predator claims you will play two balls better with their shaft. Imagine how good the Ko brothers, James Aranas, Siming Chen and countless other players would be if they used predator.

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator Domination ?!

The approach Predator has taken is commendable. Clearly they have taken the lead in the pool world, forget where the products may be manufactured. The REVO shafts are all made in the USA, by the way.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s awesome that predator was able to sponsor the world 10 ball event and be as active as they are. The predator world 10 ball event was won with a Southwest cue. Predator claims you will play two balls better with their shaft. Imagine how good the Ko brothers, James Aranas, Siming Chen and countless other players would be if they used predator.
Where does Predator make that exact claim? I've never heard or read that. They claim technical/performance benefits but no claims like that.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Where does Predator make that exact claim? I've never heard or read that. They claim technical/performance benefits but no claims like that.

Actually, they do make this claim in the ads that ran during the stream of the WPA World 10-ball, although they claim 1-2 balls better.

Yup, that guy who plays you even --- switch to Predator and he might just need the seven. He'll definitely need at least the eight.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, they do make this claim in the ads that ran during the stream of the WPA World 10-ball, although they claim 1-2 balls better.

Yup, that guy who plays you even --- switch to Predator and he might just need the seven. He'll definitely need at least the eight.
Wow. Crazy. I have used them and while they do play great i don't see me gettin' 1-2 balls better. Like the golf claims, "Buy this driver/hybrid/putter/wedge and drop 2 strokes today". Total bs. Modern marketing. Gotta love it.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator puts their logo on more and more stuff. They are a recognized brand and it only makes sense to expand their portfolio.
Are they "taking over" the sport? Nah, not so much, but they are a big player, that`s for sure.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Spoiler alert: The balls are made by Cyclop. Given that, I'd venture to say they are getting the cloth from one of the major manufacturers. Still, kudos to the for "brining" branded products to the market. It certainly cannot hurt.

The bigger question is, is XinBiing Co. taking over as the preeminent ball manufacturer? They currently manufacture the Cyclop brand and are private labeling the Predator Arcos II's as well as the Dynaspheres most recently seen in the Gabriels booth at the BCA Expo. To my knowledge, Saluc manufactures the Aramith brand as well as private label for Brunswick (Centennials).

I'm curious how many Cyclop hating Predator junkies will proclaim the Arcos II as the best pool balls on the planet? Should be interesting.

They may be making the Arcos II balls, but that doesn't mean anything. Specifications and requirements are dictated by the customer, not the manufacturer.

Saluc makes a whole range of pool balls. Some are well beneath their top brands. It's all about formulation and specifications.