How ugly do you think this cue is?

I really do not like the looks of this cue, but I think it might be a nice player.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282378369349?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It was made by Chris Whitaker, who was taught how to make cues by Mike Durbin (so I am thinking that his cues might have a similar feel and hit to a Durbin, but I do not know). I just can't get over how ugly I think the cue looks. Do you think a different wrap might improve the looks of that cue, or would it still look pretty bad no matter what type of wrap was on it? Thanks for any thoughts about the cue.

I am without a cue again, and have been searching ebay (for the last several days) for something that I might like, for under $200. Not easy to find something really nice and decent for under $200 these days.

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really do not like the looks of this cue, but I think it might be a nice player.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282378369349?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It was made by Chris Whitaker, who was taught how to make cues by Mike Durbin (so I am thinking that his cues might have a similar feel and hit to a Durbin, but I do not know). I just can't get over how ugly I think the cue looks. Do you think a different wrap might improve the looks of that cue, or would it still look pretty bad no matter what type of wrap was on it? Thanks for any thoughts about the cue.

I am without a cue again, and have been searching ebay (for the last several days) for something that I might like, for under $200. Not easy to find something really nice and decent for under $200 these days.

Buy a Schmelke sneaky for $140 and get it over with....

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

defo not the most beautiful lol but in the end the only thing which counts is how you can handle it.....i never gave a warm wind about the look when i was feeling well with it....but thats just me......

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Do you really think anyone wants to answer or help you decide on another cue you are going to sell in 2 weeks. Good Lord, save up for a Diveney sneaky already & that's the end of it.

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you really think anyone wants to answer or help you decide on another cue you are going to sell in 2 weeks. Good Lord, save up for a Diveney sneaky already & that's the end of it.

One in the classifieds real good price right now....

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Ugly?
Why, you'd have to sneak up on it to chalk it.
That stick looks like it got beat with an ugly stick.
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the maple core.
Did you get the number of the bus that ran over that thing?

How that? :D

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Go buy something already. You're wearing us out. Are you really going to buy a cue this week? Please do and end all this.

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So buy it. Can't afford it than save up for one. You want someone to feel bad and sell you a cue for cheap? Is that your point to all this??

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Likely, he did a search for "custom cue" on eBay, and set the price range to $0-$200. I guess you get what you pay for.

That said, there are quite a few US companies that make cues in the under $200 range that would be great players. But with his aesthetic requirements and price point, he'd be lucky to get photo inlay...

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Was that cue made from a branch from the ugly tree?

Personally the uglier the better, helps to stay under the radar.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Just get drunk. It'll look better.

Buy the Schmelke.