ob cues is making all the right moves

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Griffin,who many of us know and admire has hitched up with Don Owen
and I hear the company is heading right back to the top

I am glad to hear that a top notch man like mark is involved because as we all know,Mark doesn't do anything half way

congrats to ob

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've been listening and haven't heard a good thing or bad in a while.

I won't be dealing with them ever again.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will. My cue, just purchased in December, is EXCELLENT! Pretty much put the Predator in semi retirement. Question I had to OB was answered in a timely manner. They will be on the right track with Mark involved.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
OB sucked, im shocked they lasted as long as they did. they laminated everything over the top even the ferrule, it seemed like a gimmick more than anything else. than they came out with their pro shafts with the white ferrule and they played a little better, but still not great and I had one shaft a little piece of the laminate come out. their cue designs were generic and boring. BUT...….its subjective. others loved them. I don't wish them ill or anything, I was just personally not a fan and others weren't as well since they ultimately went out of business.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they are not out of business now
mark griffin got involved i have never bought anything from them yet
but i know mark and expect to see great things from ob now under new management

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
they are not out of business now
mark griffin got involved i have never bought anything from them yet
but i know mark and expect to see great things from ob now under new management

They are only going to make shafts now, afaik.
No more cues.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are only going to make shafts now, afaik.
No more cues.

Sorry Joey, but fake news. They are indeed making cues. Their Facebook page (posted Jan 2nd 2020 and Jan 23rd 2020) shows a new 2020 model cue.... the "201". Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but believe that they are only making cues as custom order. No production cues going to retailers.

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
OB seems to be on the right track with Mark Griffen, Jesse, Doc is back,
all is good.
The hideous wood ferrule is history and the new 'S' shaft is solid maple, white ferrule.
The OB deliveries are pretty good, they have always treated me very well.
We are an authorized OB repair shop in Colorado and everything has worked out nicely.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
I was probably the only person on the planet that liked those ferrules. Nope dont own any now. I wish them luck and lots of good business.

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
Just bought a Wood over Carbon Fiber OB Fusion shafts yesterday, its fantastic and I say that with the experience of using Revo / Cynergy / Jacoby / Kielwood, the energy with the new fusion shaft if crazy imo. They also come in the coveted 11.8 pro taper along with 12.2 and 12.8.

Get over the old news that OB cues is out of business, they are the same as they alway where, leaders in the shaft industry and innovators in technology of the future.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Just bought a Wood over Carbon Fiber OB Fusion shafts yesterday, its fantastic and I say that with the experience of using Revo / Cynergy / Jacoby / Kielwood, the energy with the new fusion shaft if crazy imo. They also come in the coveted 11.8 pro taper along with 12.2 and 12.8.

Get over the old news that OB cues is out of business, they are the same as they alway where, leaders in the shaft industry and innovators in technology of the future.

Which fusion did you go with? 12.2 or 8? how's the taper? thinking about picking one up for myself. Also I was told the they are both pro taper and the 11.8 is conical.