Help needed on Longoni cue choice

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been waffling on buying a Longoni carom cue for some time now. Too many good choices! I really like their designs, and have hit with 1 or 2 now and think it will be a great choice. I've gone back and forth on 3 - 4 designs in particular, think I have it narrowed down to 2 now. Every time I get ready to order, I think about something else that tips the scales the other way.

So, looking for opinions. I know it's personal opinion, like artwork, but maybe something will help confirm my opinions one way or the other. I don't want to give my pros and cons list so as not to skew the results, but will weigh in later.

Please check out the designs below - Longoni Sultan and Longoni Masai - and offer some feedback. If anyone has seen these or other cues in person that would be great too.

Additionally, if anyone has experience with the S2 or S20 carom shafts that would be welcome as well. Ordering blind is tough, I've seen all the literature just trying to make the best decision possible. I'm sure I'll be happy either way, just trying to not have any buyer's remorse, and no room in the case for 2 carom cues!!

Thanks!
Scott

Sultan Link and Pics:

http://www.longonicues.com/en/longoni-cues/longoni-carom/longoni-carom-cues/3-longoni-carom-cues/longoni-carom-cues/481-longoni-carom-cue-sultan-by-semih-sayginer
5dvt3r.jpg

2ahh9no.jpg

Masai Link and Pics:

http://www.longonicues.com/en/longoni-cues/longoni-carom/longoni-carom-cues/3-longoni-carom-cues/longoni-carom-cues/319-masai
2s0xueq.jpg

30lz1ht.jpg

bctf1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott, both of the cues are fantastic. The Sultan with the turquoise inlays on the black Nox wood is VERY striking and different from cues that I have seen. The Masai is stunning with beautiful detail. I love the intricacy of its design and the wonderful array of woods used in its construction. It is a work of art that I would love to own.

This is a very difficult choice. However, for me it is Masai that I would choose in a heartbeat. Regardless of which cue you decide on, please post pics.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks much for the opinion, much appreciated!

Anyone else out there? Hoping to get at least 5 - 10 thoughts on the matter to help me make up my ever changing mind!!!
Scott

sightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I definitely go with the Masai. I saw Frederic Coundron play with the S20 last summer and i recommend this shaft.

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a hard choice :)
about the design, the masai is superb, but i do prefer the sultan, modern & classy.My personnal taste ...

about the playability, keep in mind that without weight bolt, the Masai is 30g heavier than the Sultan . (butt without bolt : 400g for the Masai , 370g for the sultan )

about the shaft , S20 are excellent, and S2 are already very good. IMHO , you could buy both with the same spec. , just to compare by yourself. If it was me, i would go straight for the S20.
about the taper, i would go for the C (conical, stiffer) rather than the E , but it's my personnal taste.

If it was my choice, i would choose the sultan, especially because with the difference of price i could buy some additional shafts :).

anyway, whatever your choice will be , you'll be glad of your Longoni. They are consistant, the shafts are excellent . The only "problem" i see now with Longonis is their uniloc /VP2 joint, 'cause i don't like the uniloc system, but may be it's a mistake caused by my brain cells :) .

Last edited:

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great guys, thx, great opinions and reasons, exactly what I was looking for to help make my choice. Anyone else?
Scott

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could use a few more opinions, about to pull the trigger. Anyone? Opinions on Longoni cues pictured or in general?
Scott