Tomahawk Ferrule

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does it get easily get chalk on the ferrule and how is it to clean off, comparable to ivory & juma? thanks

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Answer to your question, I Don't Know.
What i Do Know, Tomahawk is a Blaster! It's frosty white appearance is so cool. Looks like wet snow. I like it. technical specs are beyond me.
I believe the Tomahawk Brand is named with Tomahawk Cruise Missile in mind.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since you know Tomahawk to be a blaster in terms of its appearance, just how chalk resistant is it?

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since you know Tomahawk to be a blaster in terms of its appearance, just how chalk resistant is it?

Hello Fresno Cali, here's a JPEG of my TOMAHAWK Used Ferrule.
(not used much, but still used)
See what I was saying about the Wet Snow Appearance :grin-square:
It's a Very Solid Ferrule.

Attachments

• a03.JPG
    a03.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 626

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
My ferrule is a tomahawk. I like it. Doesn't hold chalk badly at all. I've noticed no undesirable qualities at all. I dig it. Kelly Peterson, aka MVP Cues can tall you more.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a very, very good choice, especially is you use a LD shaft.

Tomahawk is among the lighter material's but, at the same time, it's also among the harder materials.

Jeff

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SaberT is heavy , Tomahawk is not, its very light durable, chalk resistant and plays great. No negatives in my books, not one.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How hard does the tomahawk ferrule compare to ivorine IV? Looking for the most durable material i can find.

As the gent who discovered, and introduced the material to market, I can tell you that it is plenty durable, and when polished appropriately, stays very clean. A quick story about this stuff...i was sawing some of the 3/4 inch material with my 12 inch compound miter saw when the blade yanked the rod from my hand. The piece of rod that I was sawing, slammed into the metal back guard of my saw. The rod actually broke the metal guard on my saw, and the only blemish on the piece of Tomahawk, was the mark left by the saw tooth that grabbed it! How strong is that? ;) As noted in this thread, Kelly Peterson of MVPcues is now the owner/distributor of the Tomahawk material line. He and/or the Godfather of Tomahawk...Mr. Bob Dzuricky ;) can answer any number of questions that you may have. I thank you for your interest in the material, as IMHO, it is the pound for pound King.
Best regards.
Joe P

Last edited:

SpotOn

Registered
I have a custom cue made with Tomahawk at the ferule, joint and the butt cap and I could not be happier with my choice. I would do it again and again. See my avatar for a picture of the material. JC is the cue maker who built this beauty.