Who made this cue that is up on eBay?

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No maker identified. But with six days left there are 15 bidders, the price is up to $660, and the reserve has not been met. I’m not interested in purchasing the cue, but I am curious. It would seem that despite the absence of an advertised maker, the buyer pool knows who made the cue. I’m not an aficionado, so I don’t.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-POOL-CUE/274232695317

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Verl liked those red veneers in that buttsleeve; agree that it's one of his. Looks like the cue has probably been at least re-wrapped. Don't recall Verl using black with white speck.

All the best,
WW

midnightmark

Registered
Listing says build on Burton Spain Blank... Many cue builders used B.Spain blanks back in the day.. Every "era" had a certain/ similar style.
From what I've seen Verl Horn almost always labeled his cues "HORN" on the butt cap.
Without a clear indication ( or marking) , I couldn't say for sure... It could be anybody..

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Listing says build on Burton Spain Blank... Many cue builders used B.Spain blanks back in the day.. Every "era" had a certain/ similar style.
From what I've seen Verl Horn almost always labeled his cues "HORN" on the butt cap.
Without a clear indication ( or marking) , I couldn't say for sure... It could be anybody..
Verl didn't put anything on his 'bushka clones.