In search of a radial tap

lvlss42190

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Searching for a tap for a radial pin.

Need either normal fit or oversized.

Only things I could turn up were old listings on ebay and atlas billiards which is currently out of stock of the oversize which is also 240usd which seems awfully high.

So could anyone point me to a source or sell me one?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Searching for a tap for a radial pin.

Need either normal fit or oversized.

Only things I could turn up were old listings on ebay and atlas billiards which is currently out of stock of the oversize which is also 240usd which seems awfully high.

So could anyone point me to a source or sell me one?

Ya know, I thought what you typed was a misprint on the price. Lmfao
*HOLY SHEEP SHIT*
Not a misprint. I thought it was funny when the price went to 100 from 50. NOW....OH BOYYYYY 245.

lvlss42190

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Atlas shows the standard size in stock for 120 bucks.

Alan

Yes, I was hoping to find one cheaper before I order there. Ideally oversize.

Think it's crazy that I spend 75 on a spiral flute tap designed for hardened steel but something for wood plastic and brass is almost twice that, alas no choice it seems.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Is anyone live threading this?

No. Sheldon tried but you can't do it .
It's not even a true half thread. Never mind the ball shape.

I have two taps.
I'd trade them for 30 rolls of TP and paper towels. j/k

Had I known, I would have bought a hundred of them at $49.99 back in the days.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can I ask why you need the oversized version (I totally understand the undersized tap)

Radial (ballscrew style) pin in pool cues = gimmick

Just say no!
Why do you think that it`s a gimmick?
The Radial/ballscrew pin is easy to install and it gives a nice snug feel, the only obvious drawback I see is that there is a multitude of pins that looks the same, but only one true Radial™ pin, wich is confusing for the consumer.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Can I ask why you need the oversized version (I totally understand the undersized tap)

The Radial/ballscrew pin is easy to install and it gives a nice snug feel, the only obvious drawback I see is that there is a multitude of pins that looks the same, but only one true Radial™ pin, wich is confusing for the consumer.

Someone needs to let the CF shaft manufacturers know about this. Half the ones I've inspected with radial female fit like a spawned out salmon's ass on a genuine radial pin.

My buddy bought a predator complete cue and the shaft is so loose on the pin I tried to get him to send it back. Unsatisfactory to say the least.

I guess the shaft manufacturers give them extra clearance so they fit them all?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone needs to let the CF shaft manufacturers know about this. Half the ones I've inspected with radial female fit like a spawned out salmon's ass on a genuine radial pin.

My buddy bought a predator complete cue and the shaft is so loose on the pin I tried to get him to send it back. Unsatisfactory to say the least.

Yeah I totally agree with you. Uni-Loc corp needs to start engraving a serial number on each pin and cue makers that use a copy or American Ball pin needs to tell their customers so. I had a customer show up with a HOW cue last week and wanted a CF shaft fitted, I took one look and told him: that's not a Radial™ pin. He would not agree, so I drilled and tapped the shaft to spec: drill 2.3" deep, tap 2" deep .312" hole and it wasn't close to fitting. So I showed him on a cue with a Radial™ pin and it was as fine, I ended up boring out the hole to .316" to make the shaft fit the customers cue...

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member

Personal opinion.... no can live cut.... flat bottom threaded pins work better.

Another perfect example is what JC is explaining.
Just say no........

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. Sheldon tried but you can't do it .
It's not even a true half thread. Never mind the ball shape.

I have two taps.
I'd trade them for 30 rolls of TP and paper towels. j/k

Had I known, I would have bought a hundred of them at $49.99 back in the days.

I hear ya. I have 6. :grin-square:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I saw one last week like this. Direct from Predator. The phenolic they're using is the real problem. It's so hard, it's brittle and because of that, it's tolerances seem to be different. I use a lot of the brown phenolic, rolled and molded to make inserts. I also tried the black phenolic also rolled and molded. The black is different for some reason. I also tried the 7/8" black solid rod. So hard it's brittle.

Last edited: