Friend of mine opening in a few months

1 10ft heated 3c table
4 9ft unheated
1 pool table

Info available soon as i have it

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's awesome. Can you provide a name and address please when you have it?

I'm dying for some tournaments closer to New Orleans than having to go all the way to Houston.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Of course

That dude in harvey disappeared as soon as he got that nice sam table from behind my back
Some viet places do only want viets coming in

But not my friends place in mobile
Im planning on going soon after it opens , get a straight rail lesson

Last edited:

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lemme know when and definitely I'll be there.

I've been to most of the Vietnamese rooms in New Orleans and Baton Rouge. By and large I've been received well, but the tables are almost always terrible - 10' Gandys converted from pool to billiards.

Even when I didn't have my own table at home, I'd just about quit ever going out to play because the equipment was so bad everywhere. Customers seem to abuse them pretty badly, smoking and drinking over them.

Not at all like some of those nicer Asian rooms in Houston where the tables are immaculate.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
coming along some

hes cutting a space into the wall for the 10fter

Attachments

• 50517274_2326976147538901_6146785433998065664_n.jpg
    50517274_2326976147538901_6146785433998065664_n.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 50875330_1111884908990905_3632137869520273408_n.jpg
    50875330_1111884908990905_3632137869520273408_n.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 196

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can’t view the Facebook post.

What tables are those? Look very beefy.

MisterBanker

Appalachain American
Silver Member
I've been to most of the Vietnamese rooms in New Orleans and Baton Rouge. By and large I've been received well, but the tables are almost always terrible - 10' Gandys converted from pool to billiards.

Any idea how much it would cost to have a set of billiard rails made for a 9' Brunswick?

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it’s one of these non-brand names, possibly imported from Vietnam or Korea. Legs are boxy, but look strong.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any idea how much it would cost to have a set of billiard rails made for a 9' Brunswick?

I wouldn't know where to start answering that question, other than to say that if I had a pool table and was serious enough about converting to carom billiards, I'd start with evaluating how much effort and time you want to spend on that rail project and weight that against the relatively low cost (couple grand) of waiting for a proper carom table to come available. And when I say relatively low cost, I'm comparing that to the MANY thousands I probably spent in rooms on table time, beer, food, etc...

Pool tables have thinner slate and other characteristics that make them less-than-ideal billiard tables, so if it's me I'd just plan to save for the 'right' billiard table.

That said, if you're wanting a project that lets you dip your toe in the water of caroms and don't mind converting a pool table that would otherwise sell used for pennies on the dollar anyway, I'd say go ahead!

Pay attention to rubber type/make and profile.

Dean_H

luv the small modalities
Silver Member
3 cushion video I stumbled upon

I posted to the wrong thread sorry

Last edited:

ProfessorQBall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's awesome. Can you provide a name and address please when you have it?

I'm dying for some tournaments closer to New Orleans than having to go all the way to Houston.
This room has 4 Billiard Tables
They just bougth 2 new Gabriels from me
Billy Cao 985 870-2909
Platinum Bid
1650 Gretna Blvd Harvey, La 70058

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This room has 4 Billiard Tables
They just bougth 2 new Gabriels from me
Billy Cao 985 870-2909
Platinum Bid
1650 Gretna Blvd Harvey, La 70058

That's one of the places I used to play at with bad equipment; glad to hear they're upping the quality of their stuff.