Can this shot be made with any consistency?

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Maniac,

Just adding one more pic, this time of my own table. The shelf depth and pocket width appear to be the same between both but I find the GC look-alike to be a little tougher to play on. They both have 4.5" pockets.

Attachments

• Shelf Depth 02.png
    Shelf Depth 02.png
    173.6 KB · Views: 106

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Maniac,

Just adding one more pic, this time of my own table. The shelf depth and pocket width appear to be the same between both but I find the GC look-alike to be a little tougher to play on. They both have 4.5" pockets.

Good picture. Still, I have seen much tighter pockets and deeper shelves...just not on the same table.

My bet is on a table with 4 1/4" pockets AND deep shelves (and they exist), this shot is, especially the money ball and under pressure, is tougher than most people on here will let on to be.

Everybody on this forum is an A+ player. :thumbup:

Maniac

zehboss

Safest method is to look at the ball to point gap on both sides and shoot center cue ball to center of the smallest gap. This accounts for deep pockets. If you are having problems with this shot the issue is practicing hitting straight off the rail.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Safest method is to look at the ball to point gap on both sides and shoot center cue ball to center of the smallest gap. This accounts for deep pockets. If you are having problems with this shot the issue is practicing hitting straight off the rail.

WTH??? Nine years on this site and this is your first post??? :thumbup:

Maniac

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good picture. Still, I have seen much tighter pockets and deeper shelves...just not on the same table.

My bet is on a table with 4 1/4" pockets AND deep shelves (and they exist), this shot is, especially the money ball and under pressure, is tougher than most people on here will let on to be.

Everybody on this forum is an A+ player. :thumbup:

Maniac

Again, as a standalone money ball...bet on the guy shooting. With shape needed, it is a crapshoot.

As I think more about my experience with it, I think I recall the tougher shot for shape is on big pockets, not tight ones. Allows the cb to really get buried in the pocket.

Am I whacky?