What Youngsters Want Old Masters Cues?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Biggest problem is cost, not a big market for $6k plus cues. All the big name cues are locked down and not going anywhere for less than that(G and B Szam). Bushka more like 10k and up.
Jason

Did that stop you from wanting one?

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Our generation is the last of the collectors. There are considerably less in a % basis, between then and now and collecting. Cues and pool are not the only hobby feeling this pinch.

I would say that the larger percentage of buyers I have dealt with in the last 5 years has been from our generation. Now I will say from seeing the cue give-aways on FB, that the younger generation is more apt to gamble for a cue. :)

Not to say this won't change, and not to say that the right circumstances will ignite that flame.

JV

Not everbody from our generestion collected things either. I believe there are a lot of those between 18 and 35 that ARE into collecting things of some sorts. Some even cues. My qusetion was to invite those like minded to come forward.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Our generation is the last of the collectors. There are considerably less in a % basis, between then and now and collecting. Cues and pool are not the only hobby feeling this pinch.

I would say that the larger percentage of buyers I have dealt with in the last 5 years has been from our generation. Now I will say from seeing the cue give-aways on FB, that the younger generation is more apt to gamble for a cue. :)

Not to say this won't change, and not to say that the right circumstances will ignite that flame.

JV

Yeah those "giveaways" or as what they really are, raffles, are somethin' arent they. That might be what gets those younger to get interested. You may need a giveaway system that could handle more than whats being used now with lottery numbers though.

I personally believe that flame will ignite. We just mght not ge around to see it.