Music City Open

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Sky and Alex to play soon on the stream...they're on the B-side..last 6
Mike Gann is also there...will play the winner of Jeff Melton and Jerry Clayman.

A-side final will be between Jamie Baraks and John Gabriel

I watched Jamie Baraks win a White Diamond tourney once, the dude can play!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Alex over Sky 11-7
The match got a little exciting...at 10-6, Alex drilled a one-nine combo for the win...
...they were shaking hands....and the one came back down the table...
...kissed the three....and knocked the cue ball in.
Sky broke dry and Alex got out.

Bataks and Gabriel up now for the A-side final.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Wonder if anyone ever took him up on this

"Bobby Bunch Great job henny. N ill say again anybody wants to play henny at jobs let me no ill stake him up to $50,000"

From JOB's FB Oct last year.

He is the only player in my thirty plus years of doing pool tournaments that asked me to step outside with him. I had made a call in his match that he didn't like, and after he lost he found a perch on the edge of the grandstands where he would harass me every time I was anywhere close to him. Each time I was near him he would make veiled threats against me, while I was officiating other matches. I couldn't kick him out of the tournament because he had been eliminated, so I tried to ignore him. He was really getting under my skin and I truly wanted to accommodate him, but I knew I couldn't do that as the TD.

When one of the players took a break, I went looking for our security guy. He was a local pool player who packed a lot of beef. I explained the situation and asked him to please accompany this guy out of here. I walked him right over to where Hennessee was sitting and pointed at him and said this guy right here. Jon was pissed as hell but I really didn't care. That was several years ago and we haven't spoken since, and that's a good thing.

I actually offered my help to his wife when he was injured a couple of years before in a motorcycle accident, but he had forgotten all about that. She, at least, thanked me the next time I saw her. Earl may have mental problems but Hennessee is a creepy guy.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Pags 8-5 up over Baraks in the B-side final....
....winner plays John Gabriel

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who won? Is it over already
Alex won he double dips John Gabriel in the finals

Clean sweep for the Lion he won the Midnight Madness and the main event :thumbup:

Capture.PNG

music city payouts.jpg

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I fell asleep....I missed everything...
...seems like Alex didn't miss anything.

Creekrock00

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there and donated. 119 player open and 49 ladies. Auctions were decent. Tables played ok the rails are dying out and the plastic diamond racks really suck. Names such as Archer, woodward, saez, roberts, pag, baracks and gabriel where there. Usual players like henny, smith, and several other larger names that are usually there were not. Same ol smoky environment and nasty bathrooms. Some acton but not like usual. Event seems to be dying out but still got to see some great matches

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there and donated. 119 player open and 49 ladies. Auctions were decent. Tables played ok the rails are dying out and the plastic diamond racks really suck. Names such as Archer, woodward, saez, roberts, pag, baracks and gabriel where there. Usual players like henny, smith, and several other larger names that are usually there were not. Same ol smoky environment and nasty bathrooms. Some acton but not like usual. Event seems to be dying out but still got to see some great matches

I went out there Friday night to support a buddy who was "donating". Although this was my first time going, we had a blast and got to see some great pool matches. Again, I have no frame of reference for comparison, but there were quite a few folks in the stands and every one of the tables open to the public were full up. Yes it was smoky and yes the bathrooms were small/ dirty, but the burger was pretty good and the beer was cold.

I had a few folks in the stands trying to get me to bet on my buddy, but they wouldn't give me the handicap I thought was fair, and several cheap sets being played upstairs. I sure hope this event isn't dying out...it made for a pretty good Friday night!