World Pool Series, 10b Grand Final

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They used to provide the stream for free.... too bad.

I'll probably check the stream out on Saturday. They've already had problems with the stream today out of Steinway so will give them time to work it out. Very lightly attended event. Only one Winners round match on the stream tomorrow. Just no interest until all the chum falls by the wayside.

At least Dechaine showed up

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Biado and Dazz 10-10. They're going to play some sort of shoot out.

Light field, but there's more talent here than at TS. No SVB, but there's Dechaine, Dennis, Biado, Kaci, Melling, Filler, Appleton, Ruslan..

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Biado and Dazz 10-10. They're going to play some sort of shoot out.

Light field, but there's more talent here than at TS.

Agreed. Most of the time the talent is light at TS. Not to mention garbage 9 ball. Bring on the 10 Ball. But there is only what, 50 signed up.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Bring on the 10 Ball. But there is only what, 50 signed up.

Yes, 50. That's the most players in any of the 4 second-year WPS events (32, 41, 47, 50), but lower than any event in the WPS's first year (119, 82, 61, 68).

Edit (Thurs. eve.) - I just looked at the flowchart, and Sean Summerill of the UK forfeited his first match. So if he isn't there for his next match, it'll be 49 instead of 50.

Edit (Fri.) -- Summerill's first left-side match was also a forfeit, so I guess it was 49 players.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. Most of the time the talent is light at TS. Not to mention garbage 9 ball. Bring on the 10 Ball. But there is only what, 50 signed up.

Kind of disappointed that many of these players could've played turning stone last weekend. Not sure if it's a schedule difficulty, but many played TS (Shaw, Morra, Kazakis, Grabe, Thorsten, Tokoph, Lombardo, Zion, Mika, Petri M, etc) and are playing the WPS now. Not sure why Kaci, Souquet, Orcollo, Aranas, filler, melling, and others couldn't play both as well.
I understand that Visa restrictions might be a difficulty too.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Kind of disappointed that many of these players could've played turning stone last weekend. Not sure if it's a schedule difficulty, but many played TS (Shaw, Morra, Kazakis, Grabe, Thorsten, Tokoph, Lombardo, Zion, Mika, Petri M, etc) and are playing the WPS now. Not sure why Kaci, Souquet, Orcollo, Aranas, filler, melling, and others couldn't play both as well.

The entries fill up too quick at the Stone......I know one of the rare times Alex played in it,
he knew he would be in Toronto in that time period.

I'd like to see 32 spots reserved for the top 100 Fargo...it would fill in.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roy's Basement streaming the Dennis / Dechaine match currently.

thanks.

I think Dennis BNR every rack since I started watching at 4-2.

3 times 4balls dropped on the break. 2x 3balls, 2x 1ball I think.

Dechaine played solid too

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Entries fill up for Turning Stone super fast. Put it this way, the next Turning Stone is in August and players at the recent event already were paying their entry for August.

Plus to be honest the amount of events this month alone is ridiculous. The majority of players (even if they have backers) are going to be able to swing so many trips.

This month had Turning Stone, WPS 10 ball finale, Chinese 8 ball event in China & DCC.

It is just idiocy to schedule WPS for instance in January when Turning Stone & DCC are known January events.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Entries fill up for Turning Stone super fast. Put it this way, the next Turning Stone is in August and players at the recent event already were paying their entry for August.

Plus to be honest the amount of events this month alone is ridiculous. The majority of players (even if they have backers) are going to be able to swing so many trips.

This month had Turning Stone, WPS 10 ball finale, Chinese 8 ball event in China & DCC.

It is just idiocy to schedule WPS for instance in January when Turning Stone & DCC are known January events.

I disagree. Most of the the players in the WPS are professional players and to have three events back to back in relative close proximity (distance and time wise) is good for them. They get to play in three good tournaments and can drive from one to the other, so their travel expense is minimal, and there aren't long layovers between events.

If you ask them what they prefer, I think you would find they'd rather play a few tournaments close together than have to travel all over the planet for them. The cost of travel is high and the long distance travel is very wearing.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree. Most of the the players in the WPS are professional players and to have three events back to back in relative close proximity (distance and time wise) is good for them. They get to play in three good tournaments and can drive from one to the other, so their travel expense is minimal, and there aren't long layovers between events.

If you ask them what they prefer, I think you would find they'd rather play a few tournaments close together than have to travel all over the planet for them. The cost of travel is high and the long distance travel is very wearing.

Oh I know the cost of travel is high. However a lot of these players are not having the funds to play in all 3 even if you cut down on airfare as you drive. The lodging costs will kill you & outside of winning, you are lucky to break even.

Derby should be awesome as usual though!