The little black ball

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
I ordered a case from Seybert's to carry my set of Aramith balls. When it arrived, it was sealed in plastic and inside there was a small black ball. I have no idea what it is for.

I emailed Seyberts and sent them a picture as well. They had no idea either.

Does anyone know what this would be used for?

I put my thumb in the pic so you can get a perspective on size.

Thanks

Attachments

• Black Ball.jpg
    Black Ball.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe its like buying a case with a fake shaft in it. I heard they put them in there to avoid tariffs or something. Remember the Subaru Brat with the rear facing plastic seats in the bed, same kind of thing. It was so Subaru could call it a passenger vehicle instead of a pickup. That'd be my guess.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Maybe its like buying a case with a fake shaft in it. I heard they put them in there to avoid tariffs or something. Remember the Subaru Brat with the rear facing plastic seats in the bed, same kind of thing. It was so Subaru could call it a passenger vehicle instead of a pickup. That'd be my guess.
So marble smuggling is your theory?

I don't know the answer. Who knows what else is made in the factory where those cases are made. A lot of products get shipped from China in bulk and then only put in packaging later, maybe it fell in there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My theory is they declare they are shipping big marbles to avoid paying tariffs on the cases which may have a tariff attached to them.

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
quality control designation. Each inspector has a color code. When they inspect they put their ball inside to show it passed their inspection. This way they can tell who let a defect get by if one occurs.
Just guessing. I did work in Q.C. and we had a similar way of doing things.

Robert.Beak

Registered
My theory is they declare they are shipping big marbles to avoid paying tariffs on the cases which may have a tariff attached to them.

i think this is cheating from them
if they are serious guys, they should do what they promise
it's hard for me to understand

Wesv1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My guess is they accidentally shipped it with your case and its a piece to something else that particular warehouse carries/ships out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SlateMan

Registered
quality control designation. Each inspector has a color code. When they inspect they put their ball inside to show it passed their inspection. This way they can tell who let a defect get by if one occurs.
Just guessing. I did work in Q.C. and we had a similar way of doing things.
Maybe these guys were the ones fired from quality control at the Tickle Me Elmo Factory. They were told to give each Elmo two test tickles. Both were found gluing marbles on the crotch of each Elmo doll....