General Service
Silver Member
IMAG0864.jpg

IMAG0838.jpg

IMAG0839.jpg

IMAG0841.jpg

IMAG0844.jpg

IMAG0843.jpg

Sometimes we do many versions until we get it right. Here are two pockets with Mr. Thomas' inlaid initials that did not make the final case. It would be silly to try to explain WHY this particular one was so difficult but the end result is just as the customer asked for it to be. We could have done it the much easier way and rearranged the design to make our work easy. Instead we chose, as we almost always do, to try our best to do it as the customer asked for.

IMAG0848.jpg

clandis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way your order was handled was disgraceful Mr. Landis. You are owed considerably by us. Our apologies for the whole fiasco. Looking back over your last emails it appears that you were generally happy with the case which is good.

We will insure that the rest of the project is finished and shipped your direction.

Just an FYI. Since this post I have heard nothing from anyone on getting my case finished as promised. Not much has been fixed. I hate being lied too!

Chuck Landis

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just an FYI. Since this post I have heard nothing from anyone on getting my case finished as promised. Not much has been fixed. I hate being lied too!

Chuck Landis

You have not been lied to.

In case you haven't noticed I just put up a case for sale with a divided pocket as we discussed and I mentioned that I owe you one.

We have now made exactly TWO of these trays for this prototype and I plan to make and send you one to fit your case.

What did the post say? "We will insure that the rest of the project is finished and shipped your way". How about instead of bashing us you simply send an email or a pm and ask?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=290521

We wrote this in the very first post in that thread one week ago:

"We first thought of trying this concept when we took and order for another AZ member at the beginning of the year. We will be sending him a complimentary version made just for his case now that we know it works. "

As promised the divided tray will be on the way soon.

order-i-fb2.jpg

And yes Chuck I am a complete moron who sucks. But I NEVER set out to cheat you or lie to you. If you think so then I will be glad to refund your money upon receipt of the case in good condition. You received a custom case that works and you even wrote to tell me of a mod that you did that works for the purpose you intended. I owe you a tray for which we didn't charge extra and finally when we had the time we went ahead and did the work making several versions until I felt we had one that is acceptable to send out.

Now I know how to make them and yours is scheduled to be made soon. So you tell me what you want to do. No one lied to you and I don't appreciate being called a liar.

Sincerely,

John Barton

clandis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never seen the case posted the for sale or the dividers! My bad. I would guess that makes me the bad guy. As the customer I guess I should have sent an email, as most I sent during and after my case order went unaswered.

I apoligize to JB.

it won't happen again!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I never seen the case posted the for sale or the dividers! My bad. I would guess that makes me the bad guy. As the customer I guess I should have sent an email, as most I sent during and after my case order went unaswered.

I apoligize to JB.

it won't happen again!

No, you're right, you should have gotten an email telling you that I had figured out the accessory tray and that one would be on the way. As we said and I will say it clearly, we, meaning I handled your order terribly. I go into these special project orders with the best of intentions and almost always I get distracted and don't bear down on them. Being able to do something and being focused on doing it are very different. In addition to my own serial procrastination is the very real fact that we are working on anywhere from 30 to 50 cases simultaneously. This generates anywhere from 5 to about 20 emails a day and does not include the inquiries about new orders.

This is my own bad habit that I need to break. But no one lied to you, the pocket tray is coming and was sent yesterday.

IMAG1136.jpg

IMAG1137.jpg

IMAG1138.jpg

I would like to formally apologize to you for the way I mishandled your order. I owe you and I know that. I have expressed this in private to you and I am saying it in public now. I hope that the case you got will serve you well and that in time the frustration you had to deal with in acquiring it will fade in time. You are owed a huge favor and I hope that someday the occasion comes where you can use it and I can redeem myself in your eyes.

Best,

John

XtremEdge

Registered
JB Cases

Yes - sounds about right. I also placed an order with John some time ago and I'm only just receiving my case now. Basically, I placed the order in February and its now mid October. To be honest both John and Karen kept in touch, yes they were travelling in March and I genuinely think they mean well. Lets bear in mind its a custom case and I'm in no doubt when my cue case is delivered it'll be worth it.

XtremEdge

Registered
I posted a message today as a reply - obviously i clicked the wrong button! Still, if you read it you'll find 7 months is not unusual. Truth is, as mentioned previously, its a custom case and there is no other product on the market which will compete on quality and value. John and Karen kept me upto date and yes they did go away during March. I suspect, if your point is accurate, you're simply unlucky. Note, ive not received my case yet. Its in the UK Customs but i know when i do - it'll be more than worth the wait.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I posted a message today as a reply - obviously i clicked the wrong button! Still, if you read it you'll find 7 months is not unusual. Truth is, as mentioned previously, its a custom case and there is no other product on the market which will compete on quality and value. John and Karen kept me upto date and yes they did go away during March. I suspect, if your point is accurate, you're simply unlucky. Note, ive not received my case yet. Its in the UK Customs but i know when i do - it'll be more than worth the wait.

Thanks!

We appreciate your kind comments. When you wrote this to us today it made Karen's day.

"John/Karen,

I looked at your website again and can’t help but be impressed with the stylish nature of your cases. I know the case you made for me isn’t the most exciting or the most detailed. I’m in no doubt you made it with all the care and attention you would with any case. However, today I received my case and if I’m honest, I am absolutely stunned, delighted, amazed at how brilliant it is!

I want to thank you both for your time, care and attention over the last while. Although I’ve never met you both I feel like I’ve received a gift from two very special friends and words cannot describe how pleased I am.

Keep up the good work and never allow anyone to question your skill determination and pride in the products you produce.

Many, Many thanks,"

A case like yours is exactly why we are in business. It's not my nature to want to put out cookie-cutter cases. I like the technical challenges and even though I am often slow to complete the solution I feel that most of them I do find the right solution or at least a functional one.

As I have said many times we aren't out to win beauty contests. I care about protectiveness, ease-of-use, and durability. Still we do try and make them pretty but only after we have cared for the first three aspects.

Your case, simple as it looks to be from the outside, represented three unique technical challenges. Retention of the accessories in a secure but professional manner, preventing stress on the lid and providing the proper balance to counter the extra weight of the balls being stored in the lid. This is not rocket science but it does require some thought and a bit of trial and error to get it right.

I am glad that you found the case to be worth the wait and I do apologize that it took longer to make than I anticipated. A propensity to overestimation of one's resources coupled with a tendency towards being easily distracted is never a good thing. But in the end I am glad we were able to make you the case you asked for. That is the essence of true custom work I think.

Thank you again for the business.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
b-1.jpg

"Thanks Karen,

I received the case last week. It is a beautiful case and the workmanship is top drawer. Well worth the wait!

Larry"

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
I'm not one to really bash on people but I'll just say that from the experience I've had so far communication isn't exactly easy when trying to get a case it seems.

Going to seek out an alternative I guess.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I'm not one to really bash on people but I'll just say that from the experience I've had so far communication isn't exactly easy when trying to get a case it seems.

Going to seek out an alternative I guess.

Right now that's probably the best thing to do. I can't seem to find anyone to handle my emails and I just flat suck at it.

Sorry but my "system" is simply broken. When cases do get ordered and finally made most of my customers are really happy and feel it's worth the wait.

But I can fully understand when it's frustrating to have to work to make an order.

Our options are way too many, basically unlimited, which leads to questions on top of questions. I don't know what to do honestly. I have a list of competitors here that you can try,

www.jbcases.com/aboutus.html go to the bottom of the page.

And a more comprehensive list here that I put up on AZB - all the case makers with asterisks next to them are active makers as far as I know.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=242182

Lastly, I can generally be found on skype under the user name jbideas as shown at the left

<--------------- This is probably the easiest way to talk to me directly. Sorry about the emails and pms but I simply suck at dealing with them and until I am able to hire someone who can do it email addressed to me will continue to be answered sporadically. When dealing with as many projects as I do it's jsut way to easy to get distracted. It's a poor excuse I know but that's how it is until I either fix myself or hire for my weakness.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Right now that's probably the best thing to do. I can't seem to find anyone to handle my emails and I just flat suck at it.

Sorry but my "system" is simply broken. When cases do get ordered and finally made most of my customers are really happy and feel it's worth the wait.

But I can fully understand when it's frustrating to have to work to make an order.

Our options are way too many, basically unlimited, which leads to questions on top of questions. I don't know what to do honestly. I have a list of competitors here that you can try,

www.jbcases.com/aboutus.html go to the bottom of the page.

And a more comprehensive list here that I put up on AZB - all the case makers with asterisks next to them are active makers as far as I know.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=242182

Lastly, I can generally be found on skype under the user name jbideas as shown at the left

<--------------- This is probably the easiest way to talk to me directly. Sorry about the emails and pms but I simply suck at dealing with them and until I am able to hire someone who can do it email addressed to me will continue to be answered sporadically. When dealing with as many projects as I do it's jsut way to easy to get distracted. It's a poor excuse I know but that's how it is until I either fix myself or hire for my weakness.

For now I'll definitely retract my statement aforementioned.

What does it take to get a JB case made?

CALL him and speak. Can you guys imagine how many PM's he gets every day? I totally understand how it could get overwhelming.

About to get pictures of a rough outline for my case.