Karl Boyes move at world cup

SplicedPoints

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It didn't look like he had anything he wanted to put into or get out of the pocket.

It also didn't look like he did anything with the pocket other than having his hand moving around in it.

Very odd time to be doing nothing other than moving in front of your opponent when he shoots.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've yet to see a clearer example of a move, caught on camera.

https://youtu.be/FyaukK1rzBo?t=433

Lol
That was snaky move, looked like he was masturbating his case
Few minutes after that he also fidgeted and moved his fingers when Chang or Ko was shooting
Which is why he is known as "Ball Cleaner" for trying to shark Efren at last year W9B when he was endlessly cleaning balls
:grin-square:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've yet to see a clearer example of a move, caught on camera.

https://youtu.be/FyaukK1rzBo?t=433
I didn't notice that during the match, but imo that's a sharking move. The main shark is the head turning back and forth as he's about to shoot, the case fiddling is just his excuse for the head turn.

Any experienced player knows when he's in the player's line of sight and should try to remain still if he can't move out of the line of sight.

That he jumped out of his chair so quickly after the miss supports the notion that he was fully aware of what was going on. And that he didn't actually get anything out of his case.

He ought to have to answer for this and face a fine or time ban from the sport if a panel concludes it was deliberate. It is a terrible look for the sport.

Last edited:

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't notice that during the match, but imo that's a sharking move. The main shark is the head turning back and forth as he's about to shoot, the case fiddling is just his excuse for the head turn.

Any experienced player knows when he's in the player's line of sight and should try to remain still if he can't move out of the line of sight.

That he jumped out of his chair so quickly after the miss supports the notion that he was fully aware of what was going on.

Clear as day.

He was the only one moving during that shot; no one in the audience moved, and Daz certainly didn't move in his chair. Karl moved more than Ko for godsake.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can only shark yourself. These are supposedly professional players, and should be able to "block out" any distractions. If they can't do that, then they are not very good professionals, imo. In the 'old days' (1950s-1970s) people sharked all the time. It never bothered the real players...it should be the same with today's players. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
You can only shark yourself. These are supposedly professional players, and should be able to "block out" any distractions. If they can't do that, then they are not very good professionals, imo. In the 'old days' (1950s-1970s) people sharked all the time. It never bothered the real players...it should be the same with today's players. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee

Yep, that makes it alright to act like a child at a professional event.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

Yet another reason I would never take you seriously, as a player/instructor/whatever.

"You can only shark yourself," says the azb pool guru. Lmao.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I do not discount the idea that it was a shark attempt. However it was futile on that shot. Look at Ko's head during the fidgeting and you will see he has already found his line and is totally focused on the cue ball until it has hopped, then he looks up towards the object ball.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not discount the idea that it was a shark attempt. However it was futile on that shot. Look at Ko's head during the fidgeting and you will see he has already found his line and is totally focused on the cue ball until it has hopped, then he looks up towards the object ball.

Whether Ko was actually sharked, who knows, but the sharking was real. He definitely tried to cut that ball in, rather than just make the hit.

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Lol
That was snaky move, looked like he was masturbating his case
Few minutes after that he also fidgeted and moved his fingers when Chang or Ko was shooting
Which is why he is known as "Ball Cleaner" for trying to shark Efren at last year W9B when he was endlessly cleaning balls
:grin-square:

i thought he got that from his move he tried with KK9?

obviously, when you put these 4 examples together, we can conclude that he's simply suffering from a nervous twitch. :rolleyes:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where the fook is Ron Swanson??????????

We need a 'real' Englishman to explain how such a fine outstanding young chap can transform into such a cheeky little chav.......... :grin:

Its shambolic.......... :eek:

14ionzo.jpg

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh Wow I've noticed this myself too with Karl Boyes (On different shot and different match) he did do some type of weird movement + look when an opponent was shooting his way, and I was like why is he doing that, then his opponent misses the shot and I thought to myself that he might of missed that due to Karl Boyes.

Karl was just sitting weird, if I was shooting infront of him I would miss aswell, trust me.

Now that you brought up a differnent shot in a different match, it just confirmed to me that he just love to shark opponents lol, what a low player he is.

Notice that he didn't have anything to put in the case nor he needed anything to get out of the case aswell, just weird stuff dude, bad sportsmanship.