environmental factors aside, why do you usually miss?

environmental factors aside, why do you usually miss?

• mostly don't know what I'm doing

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • mostly just fail to execute

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • 50/50

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not the most scientific of polls I know, but I'm curious what y'all think..
get detailed in the comments..I know where I sit in the mix (ignant):D

Nekdo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I usually miss when I'm not 100 % sure what I'm doing, that is where the CB is going or when I know where the CB is going but I don't want it to go there :) If I'm sure of the position I won't miss.

Poslano z mojega SM-G965F z uporabo Tapatalk

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My body has reached the limit of its eye-hand coordination pre-determined by genetics/the god of war/the pool gods, when I was conceived.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
For me, it's often about unintended english, causing unwanted throw that leads to a miss.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are generally two reasons I miss. The first less often reason is being unsure of shot selection leading to the sub conscious being confused. You can't execute a plan too perfection of your 100 committed to the plan.

The other more prominent reason is doubt fed by nervous energy. I am getting this well under control now but it still does happen. Somewhere in the planning part of the psr a tiny seed of doubt will creep in maybe just a passing inkling of how "hard" the shot is. Just shot the dam shot it ain't that hard!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
I voted for, "Fail to Execute". I shoot a lot of cut shots. When I miss; either I over cut the ball, or I under cut the ball. I try to pay attention to which I am doing when I miss, and adjust accordingly on my next shot. I view bank shots as cut shots too, unless they are straight on banks.

Last edited:

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
For me, it's often about unintended english, causing unwanted throw that leads to a miss.

That is exactly why I will sometimes miss a long straight in shot; especially if the cue ball and object ball are far apart.

vinay

Registered

Same here. I noticed that I was consistently putting a little bit of unintended right hand English on a lot of shots, which led to missed long shots and missed position. I did the good old beer bottle drill for 10-15 minutes a day at home for a week or so and it helped a lot. I still find old habits creeping in though on difficult shots, so there's more work to do.

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aim small, Miss small. Lack of concentration. Some days you have an abundance, and

and some days you get distracted by the smallest things. I find it exhausting mentally to

try to force myself to focus for the amount of a pool match. Then again some days it is

just me and the table. Play for hours without speaking to my opponent. Those are the days

that we all enjoy.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Loss of concentration would be my usual suspect.

Good fundamentals, all the practice in the world etc...etc is useless the very second you lose concentration.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Without question the vast majority of misses are because I could not see the balls lining up properly and shot anyway. That is my single larges roadblock in pool. Sometimes I simply can’t create the vision of the balls aligning properly, and most times it is difficult for me.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Loss of concentration would be my usual suspect.

Good fundamentals, all the practice in the world etc...etc is useless the very second you lose concentration.

Loss of concentration. That’s my biggest problem lately. I’ve gotten to where I can make most of the shots if I really focus on them but once I get going I sometimes get ahead of myself and I’ll realize, after I miss lol, that I wasn’t even watching the ball I had tried to hit I was strictly controlling and watching the cue ball.

I started doing some concentration training to see how long I could hold up. I throw all 15 balls out, no 2 balls tied up though I do leave a few on the rails near pockets to be cleared out but basically I don’t want anything too crazy, I try to leave the cue ball near center table at the end and play the next round from there. With simple position and pattern play I should be able to just run forever.

The first few times I tried I never got over 3 rounds lol. After a couple weeks of on and off I got up to 97 the other night.

It gives me even more respect for high 14.1 runs. That’s a lot of chances to slip and do something silly

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Thought of this thread as I was playing last night.

Had the best session of pool I've played in a v long time.

What had me sinking balls and getting sweet leaves? Concentration and focus, period.

I wasn't in the "zone" just focused on what I needed to do and where I was going.

I haven't been playing much since March and even then wasn't playing that well.

Just reminds me how much competitive play helps keep me focused.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Everytime I miss I knew it ahead of time. I should have got up and went back through my routine and got reset.