How about it, Cliff Joyner?

Keith McCready

Pro Player
Haven't seen you on the new AzB board. I've thought about your offer of 10-7, and I accept.

Let me know when you come out of retirement.

Keith "Earthquake" McCready

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,
I will tell Cliff about your response,If I run into him.By the way what can u give to SPARKY and ``Slim Corny``? cheers
vagabond
:) :)

Keith McCready

Pro Player
Ask not what [your] Keith can do for Sparky and Corn. Ask what Sparky and Corn can do for [your] Keith.

Last edited:
H

Hogman

Does anyone know if cliff joyner was at the Viking tour stop at northfield billiards in Northfield, OH? I can't tell by the photos on this site whether or not it was him but someone who looks like him was shooting pretty good before he lost a thriller to a local player.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
wait a second......
Keith McCready, awake, conscious and sober at 5AM the day after his birthday?????
What's this world coming to?????

BTW Keith everyone in El Paso sends a friendly hello, except for Tito!!!

Blackjack

Picture quotation :

"Hey Grady, up your ass with the spot...okay with you?"

Attachments

• hey grady up ur ass with the spot.jpg
    hey grady up ur ass with the spot.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,404

jungledude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cliff Joyner

Keither with the either is Cliff ducking you ? Heard you're playing well and doing good. Proud of you my man. Let's do that biography of you we talked about ! HUmphrey:)

Keith McCready

Pro Player
Top of the morning, Humphrey. Good to "see" you.

I am going to Fast Eddie's in Alexandria, Virginia, today, to shoot in the Falcon Cue tournament. Hope to overcome a couple of roadblocks there.

Cliff, wherever you are, I will try you with some of that 10-7. Get out of that rocking chair, leave the cane at home, and let's get it going. I'll even sing you a song if you come: Summertime and the tables are easy, Cliff Joyner's coming, and my bank roll is high.

Hold off on the autobio, Humphrey, because the Earthquake is back, and the best is yet to come!

Attachments

• keith-northfield.jpg
    keith-northfield.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 4,314

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
keith
my grandson is 7 barely years old
i let him hit balls on my home table

this morning i heard the balls making a nice clicking sound
looked up and saw his right arm was about 45degree angle i remembered your stroke

you remember rick landsburry from orange county now?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
13 years later, did this ever happen?

Don't think so and I don't think anybody would have thought it was a good game for Cliff. Keith got himself in stroke by summer and took 3rd at the US Open 9 Ball that year.

Attachments

• mccready Capture.JPG
    mccready Capture.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,362

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't think so and I don't think anybody would have thought it was a good game for Cliff. Keith got himself in stroke by summer and took 3rd at the US Open 9 Ball that year.

Don't know how cliff Joyner plays now compared to when this story took place. It was around '98 or '99 or so and Cliff was in South Carolina and called Jack & Jills looking for Maxi ( skinny Max from Baltimore ) to play some. Cliff offered 10-6 and wanted to bet HIGH. I honestly don't really remember anyone spotting Max in one pocket but DEFINITELY never a big spot like that. Max had all of his own action but Cliff said his backers would cover any and all side action too so we couldn't get our money in fast enough. As soon as game was confirmed Cliff and his peeps were on the road headed to Jack & Jills. They rolled up in two packed S class Mercedes around 3 am and it was on. Cliff absolutely DESTROYED Max! None of us had ever seen that happen before. I remember Jeremy Jones beat him playing nine ball but that was a battle. It took Cliff like 3 hours or so to get all the cash and back on the road to Carolina. My point is this; and Jenny probably would know better than me, but at that time I think Max probably played even one hole with Keith and Max may have even been the favorite ( in one hole only ).

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
I know
As if there isn't enough current nonsense on AZ, now people have to dig up nonsense from the past

Oh excuse me, one legend calling out another legend on AZbilliards is nonsense. This thread shows what azbilliards was once was and what it has become.