Kamui Glove

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I'm going to try out one of those Kamui Gloves. Kind of pricey but I've heard nothing but good stuff about them. The only thing I'm concerned with is the tips being cut off. When using a loop bridge I don't like the stick touching my index finger where the tip of the glove is cut off.

Anyone else use the Kamui Glove? Details......

Also, does ANYONE understand why the pool glove makers don't make a pool glove that has the tip removed from just the middle finger instead of all three fingers (thumb included).

JoeyA

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not tried them, but did see them at SBE and the construction looked good. Price is what kept me from buying it though, needed a glove for my son and ended up with a Predator.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to try out one of those Kamui Gloves. Kind of pricey but I've heard nothing but good stuff about them. The only thing I'm concerned with is the tips being cut off. When using a loop bridge I don't like the stick touching my index finger where the tip of the glove is cut off.

Anyone else use the Kamui Glove? Details......

Also, does ANYONE understand why the pool glove makers don't make a pool glove that has the tip removed from just the middle finger instead of all three fingers (thumb included).

JoeyA

Gloves are cheaply made. That doesn't mean low quality, that means they are made at low cost. To make one glove pattern costs X amount of dollars. To make two glove patterns costs more. Even if the pattern had the tips already cut off, how many people would want a glove with the FU finger cut off at the tip? Why not wear a full finger glove and cut the tip off? You'll probably say it will fray, and it will, but now you see the extra steps involved to manufacturing a glove with the tips cut off. Which then, again, goes back to how many people would actually want that.

IMO, there are low quality gloves and high quality gloves. The only time I've ever played with a glove, I've used the Sir Joseph gloves. Even then, they were unnatural and made my hand sweaty. Keep your shaft slick and you won't need a glove.

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a pair last week, coming in the mail sometime this week. My main reason for purchasing the glove is because they support left handed players! They also look great, stylish and definitely will catch some attention. I can't say for the quality just yet as I haven't received it yet but it looks like it's been well made with the bottom grip and all.

Seneca Steve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Molinari. I like it so far, the fingers aren`t cut off as short as most brands.

JoeyA

Silver Member
I know what you mean. I had to swallow my pride but only because most gloves don't cost that much. I am very interested in trying them out and am curious as to whether the leather on the palm of the glove will actually help my bridge to be steadier.

As much as I play pool, it's not going to kill me to try it out and if it helps my pool game, it will be a drop in the bucket. :)

JoeyA

I have not tried them, but did see them at SBE and the construction looked good. Price is what kept me from buying it though, needed a glove for my son and ended up with a Predator.

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
I like mine!

I've been using a left-handed, black glove now for almost a month. I have to 'hand' it to Kamui for doing their research on this item because frankly, even I though $25 was a little high, the quality of the glove speaks for itself. For $5.95, you can buy your standard glove at almost any pool hall and your lucky if it doesn't fall apart after one match. I've tried several gloves in the past (usually pretty cheap ones) just to see if this 'glove thing' could really help my game. Little did I know that by using a cheap glove, you are really not doing much for yourself in terms of comfort and durability and you're not helping your game much because the comfort is just not there.

The Kamui Glove's slogan is 'Experience Fluidity' and for me it's exactly that. I will ask John exactly what the layers of material are being used to construct the glove but until then, I'll just state that the Kamui Glove is very comfortable and wont fall apart like a $6 glove will. Even though it's long lasting, I would suggest that you purchase 2, so that in several months, when it's time to change out or if you lose it, you'll have it 'handy' right away instead of having to wait for your next order.

Kamui has stuck to their high standards and mission to produce products designed to elevate your game.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
I use the Sir Joseph glove mainly because I can get it in tan, which is close to my skin color. I don't want a flashy or "stylish" glove, in fact the opposite is true. From across the room you can't even tell I'm wearing my glove. I've never had a problem with Sir Joseph performance-wise. One glove will usually last me a few months. I wash it every once in a while in the sink with a little bit of hand soap and let it air dry. I keep a spare in my case to swap out if one gets sweaty during an extended session. I did the same thing with golf gloves when I was playing golf regularly. I haven't seen the Kamui glove, but I've seen others with the cut-off finger tips and I don't think I would like them. Like you said Joey, I don't want the contrast of the shaft sliding on my glove and a little bit of exposed skin at the same time. I feel like that would throw me off.

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Gloves

I only wear a glove when I have to and I try to focus on more cleaning and keeping my shaft smooth and slippery then Having to wear a glove.

My hands sweat allot, I bought 100 gloves out of china for 69 bucks about 5 years ago and still have about a dozen left..
If they last long enough that the sweat from my hands and the dirt and grime start to make my glove stink I throw them away because the will not hold up to machine washing .

I have hand washed them but in all honesty they fall apart pretty easy.

I guess I need to ask how do these gloves hold up to getting washed, are they machine washable ?

I think I will send John Bertone a e mail and ask him !

Ps E mail has been sent to Kamui asking about if there are machine washable

Last edited:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I've used the Kamui glove for about 3 weeks and the quality is lightyears beyond the PoolGods/Predator/Sir Joesph I've used in the past.

I can't help you much with the finger issue because my concern was the opposite: I thought the fingers looked too long (not enough open finger tip). I figured I could always cut 1/4" off the fingers, but I adjusted to the longer finger with no problem.

JoeyA

Silver Member
You give me hope about the index finger tip being longer than some of the other gloves that have the tips cut off.
JoeyA

I've used the Kamui glove for about 3 weeks and the quality is lightyears beyond the PoolGods/Predator/Sir Joesph I've used in the past.

I can't help you much with the finger issue because my concern was the opposite: I thought the fingers looked too long (not enough open finger tip). I figured I could always cut 1/4" off the fingers, but I adjusted to the longer finger with no problem.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Let me know what John says about HAND-washing them. Usually, I use shampoo to hand-wash my Felice Gloves without any noticeable deterioration.

JoeyA

I only wear a glove when I have to and I try to focus on more cleaning and keeping my shaft smooth and slippery then Having to wear a glove.

My hands sweat allot, I bought 100 gloves out of china for 69 bucks about 5 years ago and still have about a dozen left..
If they last long enough that the sweat from my hands and the dirt and grime start to make my glove stink I throw them away because the will not hold up to machine washing .

I have hand washed them but in all honesty they fall apart pretty easy.

I guess I need to ask how do these gloves hold up to getting washed, are they machine washable ?

I think I will send John Bertone a e mail and ask him !

Ps E mail has been sent to Kamui asking about if there are machine washable

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Here's a picture of the glove. I've got fairly large hands and the glove is a Large size.

Attachments

• Kamui glove 1.jpg
    Kamui glove 1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3,086
  • Kamui glove 2.jpg
    Kamui glove 2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2,345

JoeyA

Silver Member
That is very unique looking. I just hope the end index finger digit isn't exposed to the shaft when using a loop bridge. I think it looks pretty cool but I am more interested in performance.

Thanks for posting the detailed photo.
JoeyA

Here's a picture of the glove. I've got fairly large hands and the glove is a Large size.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me know what John says about HAND-washing them. Usually, I use shampoo to hand-wash my Felice Gloves without any noticeable deterioration.

JoeyA

That's how wash them. Never caused any damage.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
E mail

So I sent a e mail off to John Bertone ( the kamui guy )

This is the reply I got back.

Hi Mike,
I would assume so. Lets test it. Only wash it, and then air dry. The machine that damages clothes is the dryer from the extreme heat. Rarely ever the washer.

Best regards,

John

MalibuMike

Banned
I 1st saw this exsact glove with that famous 3 cushion players name on it.

Now, Kamuii has put their name on it. It's ok. But if you want to try a really awesome glove try the new Longoni Sultan Billiard Glove! Now that's an awesome glove. or even the old Longoni Black Fire Glove beats the new Kamuii Glove. They let your hand breath more and are not as flimsy. Looking forward to the new Tiger Glove. Unlike companies like OB, Predator and Kamuii, Tiger Products out of Burbank, Califonia always comes out with the most original and best products. Not lifted from other companies! Have you seen these new OB Plus Shafts? They are Tiger Shafts! Only they don't play as well. MHO.