Question about sources other than paypal

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I'm sure it's a problem with PayPal and not you. They don't really have the whole sending money thing worked out.

Is it linked to a bank account, your Subway customer loyalty card or your library card?

Sent from the future.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)

TFT:thumbup:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when friends try to send me money,my paypal account will not allow it

when we called them they said it would allow it
we tried it afterwards and it didn't allow it

why i don't know

Not allow how, what is the exact message? Only times I have had issues with getting money in PayPal is when the wrong email address was used, or it was done trying to use some payment source that needed approval first or was declined like a credit card, or there was some account issue in general say you changed banks but did not chance PayPal information.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I sell high dollar items and tell my clients: A check is the best way and if you want to use a credit card, you have to pay the 3.5% fee Squareup charges me. I get it, I sell $5k+ pool tables to people all over the country and know the fees can be large. 99% of people just mail me a check...

TFT

And you sir, should be happy you an I have never done business. I'd have reported your account to PayPal. It's against PayPal's terms of service to force those charges back on your buyer. You cannot mandate a payment type, and you cannot recoup the fees. That is YOUR fee for using PayPal as a selling service.
It's amazing how many people bash a buyer for not covering a 3% fee, but not the seller when they don't want to eat THEIR OWN fee.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And you sir, should be happy you an I have never done business. I'd have reported your account to PayPal. It's against PayPal's terms of service to force those charges back on your buyer. You cannot mandate a payment type, and you cannot recoup the fees. That is YOUR fee for using PayPal as a selling service.
It's amazing how many people bash a buyer for not covering a 3% fee, but not the seller when they don't want to eat THEIR OWN fee.

If the SELLER doesn't want to pay the fees, then they should "build" the fees into their selling price.

This ain't rocket science.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Don't get too hurt. F/family doesn't force payor to pay fees...there are no fees.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't get too hurt. F/family doesn't force payor to pay fees...there are no fees.

The "friends and family" thing only is free if you are paying from your bank account.

If you are using a credit/debit/gift card, the person sending the money is charged a fee.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
when friends try to send me money,my paypal account will not allow it

when we called them they said it would allow it
we tried it afterwards and it didn't allow it

why i don't know

They will not allow it because PayPal is not stupid. Yes, they let you slide conducting business with these "friends" in the past but then their software discovered the pattern and determined these are business transactions not "F&F" type matters.

Thus, they will not allow these "friends" to send any way except through a business transaction.

Tell these same friends to send you $10 without F&F and watch how fast that money gets to you.

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PayPal sucks

I sold a phone. They issued the refund. Six months later I’m still trying to prove the buyer returned an empty box instead of my iPhone xs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

First, I have ZERO idea who you are and don't give a crap about doing business with you.

Second, I don't use paypal.

Third, I can absolutely choose a payment type I choose to accept.

Fourth, I prefer a check and like I said 99% of the people I deal with send me a check....

You can try an jump in all you want. Using Friends and Family as means of doing business is bullshit.

TFT

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
See my comments, in-line:

First, I have ZERO idea who you are and don't give a crap about doing business with you.

I'm nobody, honestly; and you and I will never do business - so we agree there.

Second, I don't use paypal.

Roger that.

Third, I can absolutely choose a payment type I choose to accept.

This thread is about PayPal, so that's where my comment was directed. If one uses PayPal (which you stated you do not), then one does not get to dictate the method by which someone else pays. It's against PayPal's terms of service.

Fourth, I prefer a check and like I said 99% of the people I deal with send me a check....

It's 2020, and about the only thing for which I use a check to pay is my local water bill. Preferring a check this day-in-age is silly.

You can try an jump in all you want. Using Friends and Family as means of doing business is bullshit.

I will. And, you and I agree on the last statement.

TFT