Emily Frazer Buzz Interview

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Thanks Bill. I have fought against things like that since day one. There is a pop-up for people who go to the forums without being signed in, but it is a one time thing.

Mike

Mike, maybe next to the word Buzz, put Oct 2020 issue?

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
That's interesting. They appear to be using Wordpress for the main site and Xenforo for the forums. The new site is Wordpress and I am wanting to migrate the forums over to Xenforo. I had looked at a plugin to bridge the forums and main site, but this looks like that plugin in action. I do like the looks of it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike

I was reminded of this thread with from another page I visit:

Macrumors.com. Its the main site for Apple fanboys (me;)). They have been around a long time. I think I started visiting them in about the late 90's. They have a main page with new stories all the time. That is the main traffic driver to their site (I'm guessing). Those stories also get shared all over FB in the various Apple-centric groups.

The thing they do though, that might be worth copying here, is when they post those stories on the main site, they also post them in their forum (the admin does). And any comments people make on the story show up in the forum thread. I think it does a good job in helping to unite the main page with the forum page.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Took a quick look and I couldn't get it to zoom right; always off page and no adjustment. Could be my fault.