Inherited a bunch of old cues

joefullerton12

Registered
I just joined this weekend, and I am in high hopes that some of you will be able to help me identify some older cues that I have inherited from my father-in-law. I have been shooting pool for about 25 years, and I am pretty well versed in the bigger name cue brands like McDermott, Meucci, Players, etc. But in this collection, I have found some brands that I had no idea about (John Guffey is one, and my father-in-law has a handwritten letter with the stick from John Guffey himself!), and there are some with no markings that I hope some of you can help me identify. I'm sure some are junk, but I'm also sure that some are great sticks. I'm going to post a few pictures today, and as I get thru more of them and come to the ones I have questions about, I will post them individually. 67 cues in all... Here they are.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,967

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What catches my eye in your line-up:

-Guffey
-Huebler
-Parrot snooker cue
-Wood pin cue
-Cue between two Adams that has a light signature on the curly maple buttsleeve

I'm sure I've missed one or two cues hiding in the bunch. you mostly have some neat older Vikings and Adams. You have a nice collection there. Those adams and vikings are underrated players that are cheap, but tend to be built pretty decent. This forum, google, bluebook: these are all your friends!

Best of luck.

Scarwegian

Some Older Players

Condolences to you, your wife and all the family.
I do see some great late 70's players for sure and some others that may definitely be recognizable in the blue book series as suggested by CH. Check out The Palmer Collector, http://www.palmercollector.com/Index.html, specifically the PB Line of cues he has so generously catalogued for all Palmer fan's!

Good luck!

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Third one from the left in the second picture. Is that a Palmer or another Viking? I can't tell.

joefullerton12

Registered
I don't have one with a checkered design on the butt. I will be posting more pics as I get time. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

joefullerton12

Registered
Are you talking about the rainbow butt or the one with the orange design on it? I'm not sure on the rainbow one, but the orange design is a Players Edge.

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you talking about the rainbow butt or the one with the orange design on it? I'm not sure on the rainbow one, but the orange design is a Players Edge.

I'm talking about the rainbow one. It has the trademark Palmer glittery stuff but Viking uses that as well so I'm curious.

mmedford

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question; in the first picture; starting from the closest cue, Can anyone identify cues 3 & 5? The two with the colorful veneers.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Sorry too hear about ur loss but wow a lot of nice cues I like cue 22 and 27 in the first pic what are those? :thumbup:

joefullerton12

Registered
I'm talking about the rainbow one. It has the trademark Palmer glittery stuff but Viking uses that as well so I'm curious.

Not sure, but i plan on posting the sticks that don't have emblems to help with identification next week when we get back from vacation. I may start with that one since you asked. Thank you and everyone else for the help.

joefullerton12

Registered
Sorry too hear about ur loss but wow a lot of nice cues I like cue 22 and 27 in the first pic what are those? :thumbup:

I'm not sure on either of those (no markings). I will post those individually to help with identification next week. Thank you for the kind words.