Logo design challenge

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Hi guys,

For quite a few years now we've had the same basic design on our webshop
and it's time for a change. I've spent some money on Fiverr.com but have not
had the result I've been looking for. It's not that they're bad designers but not
a lot of people can relate to the cue market.

The best designs I got from there I will add as attachments.

We operate in the custom cue and upper end of the production cue market.
I have no preferences to certain colours I would simply like the design to, well,
be good. It would be best I think if somehow a ball or cue was integrated into
the design. It will be used mainly in the header or our site so something along
the lines of 225x150 pixels is the size it will be mostly used in (hence no super
detailed stuff).

If a logo is designed that we will use for the website the designer will obviously
be compensated but by posting the design here (or as a PM to me) understand
that you are giving me the right to use the image as I see fit.

gr. Dave

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I might suggest that you articulate exactly what you are hoping your logo will communicate in hopes that the designer can provide you with something closer to your expectations. "High-end cues" is a good start but they need a little more help in the description and expectation part.
Just my opinion.

JoeyA

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
My humble suggestion: you'll get more action if you specify what the winner will receive, besides saying just that they will "obviously be compensated. "

I say this as someone who won an OB Cues logo design contest a while back, motivated by their giving away a $650 OB cue.

Also, you might give 99designs.com a try, as they tend to be a higher class of designers than you'll find on fiverr.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
My humble suggestion: you'll get more action if you specify what the winner will receive, besides saying just that they will "obviously be compensated. "

I say this as someone who won an OB Cues logo design contest a while back, motivated by their giving away a $650 OB cue.

Also, you might give 99designs.com a try, as they tend to be a higher class of designers than you'll find on fiverr.

99designs is responsible for my company's logo. rigminder.com

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I might suggest that you articulate exactly what you are hoping your logo will communicate in hopes that the designer can provide you with something closer to your expectations. "High-end cues" is a good start but they need a little more help in the description and expectation part.
Just my opinion.

JoeyA

Hi Joey,

Thanks for the input. The trouble is I am not a designer, not at all.
From what I see at 99designs I am looking for a pictorial mark mostly.

Something that if someone who plays serious pool sees the logo they
will know this is somehow pool/billiards related. Of the 3 logos designs
I got from fiverr I like the first one with the 2 cues and 3 balls the best.
Easy to read and understand.

gr. Dave

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member

Their prices start at 249€. That's quite a step up from Fiverr.com. I would have no problem
if the designer needs for example a break/jump cue to send him a decent one in the $100 range.

So I guess I am offering pool related products in the $100 range in exchange. Sorry if that's
out of line for a higher end design.

gr. Dave

Albatross Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha

This is just a quick one off the top of my head, I don't really like computers too much, sorry about the kindergarten Art.

You may have to adjust the lines, maybe thicker, or even go with a white stripe around the"D"s. Just food for thought.

Aloha

Last edited:

denzilla171

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I'm not going to volunteer a design, as that is my profession, but I will offer this advice: If you want to look high-end, you definitely should NOT try to integrate a ball or cue into the design.

YMMV

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, I'm not going to volunteer a design, as that is my profession, but I will offer this advice: If you want to look high-end, you definitely should NOT try to integrate a ball or cue into the design.

This ^^^^

The DDC logo you got from fiverr isn't that bad, actually.

Here was my winning design for OB, which they're reportedly using in the Chinese market:

abd3d082297845a147fa903ec4e252f7.jpg

Last edited:

mojoatomic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

YMMV

Agreed. I would also add that simple is better.

Hi guys,

For quite a few years now we've had the same basic design on our webshop
and it's time for a change. I've spent some money on Fiverr.com but have not
had the result I've been looking for. It's not that they're bad designers but not
a lot of people can relate to the cue market.

The best designs I got from there I will add as attachments.

We operate in the custom cue and upper end of the production cue market.
I have no preferences to certain colours I would simply like the design to, well,
be good. It would be best I think if somehow a ball or cue was integrated into
the design. It will be used mainly in the header or our site so something along
the lines of 225x150 pixels is the size it will be mostly used in (hence no super
detailed stuff).

If a logo is designed that we will use for the website the designer will obviously
be compensated but by posting the design here (or as a PM to me) understand
that you are giving me the right to use the image as I see fit.

gr. Dave

They are all way too busy

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Aloha

This is just a quick one off the top of my head, I don't really like computers too much, sorry about the kindergarten Art.

You may have to adjust the lines, maybe thicker, or even go with a white stripe around the"D"s. Just food for thought.

Aloha

Thank you for the design, I can't honestly say it is what I am looking for but I do appreciate the effort!

gr. Dave

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member

YMMV

Hi,

I mentioned I would give the winner pool related products worth ~100$ so you're not volunteering.

As to not integrating a cue or ball, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but it is what I am looking for.
It could also be a pool table or some other piece of equipment but I do want the logo to show what
my company is about.

gr. Dave

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
This ^^^^

The DDC logo you got from fiverr isn't that bad, actually.

Here was my winning design for OB, which they're reportedly using in the Chinese market:

Nice logo which I see they used for their Kon line of shafts and cues.
I see you used their shaft splicing method as inspiration for your logo
design which works well for OB. The only thing we as a company
produce ourselves is the Cuechanger line of cues so it's hard for me
to come up with much besides a cue or a ball to use in my logo.

gr. Dave

Hi,

It could also be a pool table or some other piece of equipment but I do want the logo to show what
my company is about.

gr. Dave

The word 'cues' in your company name doesn't do that?

You already have a long and clunky name that says what you sell. Adding a photo of it is just telling your potential customers that they are stupid enough that writing it out wasn't enough and you needed to show us pictures, too.

But, the guy who gave you the advice is a professional in the field, surely no reason to listen to him.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
The word 'cues' in your company name doesn't do that?

You already have a long and clunky name that says what you sell. Adding a photo of it is just telling your potential customers that they are stupid enough that writing it out wasn't enough and you needed to show us pictures, too.

But, the guy who gave you the advice is a professional in the field, surely no reason to listen to him.

I suppose the cues part in the name of my webshop does do that, but the logo could
also just have DDC in it like the design Albatross Cues made.

Heck, the best possible logo might not contain a ball, cue or any other piece of equipment
but at the end of the day it is what seems best to me. I am always open to other people's
opinions though.

For example I like the logo Seyberts uses.

gr. Dave

Last edited:

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a designer but what about a 3 ball rack with 2 at the top and one below with D D in the top two and C in the bottom one instead of numbers?