Give me 3 reputable Aramith dealers

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last year I bought a set of Aramith Tournament balls and they did not hold up to their reputation. I had a brand new Valley Panther 8' Home Edition table and the balls were occasionally showing up with scratches. After months of frustration I had the cloth changed to Simonis and, when we had the slate lifted, we found a partially exposed staple in the gulley that was the culprit. Having that corrected, my balls still show up with occasional scuffs and mild scratches.
My problem is, some of the deeper scratches show white under the surface and true Aramith Tournaments are completely molded with the same color, not just clored on the surface. (Besides the white stripes and black numbers). On a 2 ball, if it sustains a deep scratch, the inside of the scratch should be blue, not white.
Now, I don't want to name the dealer I bought the balls from because I don't know if the balls were substituted prior to his receiving the balls from whoever he gets them from.

So I want to try a different dealer to purchase another set and am looking for suggestions.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I've been getting stuff through PoolDawg. www.pooldawg.com

They have great service and I found their prices to be competitive. I'm very happy with that company. if you can swing the Tournaments they are beautiful balls.

This week I am changing out my drop pockets myself. I'm removing the nails (which also scratched my balls) and replacing them with Velcro strips. The Velcro backing will be tacked in and the facing will be glued onto the back of the pocket, so there will be no metal parts near the balls.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
A good reference I've been using for years is Joe Neilson. He goes by Joerackem on Ebay.

All the best,
WW

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Do your pockets have nails in them? Does the ball return have metal stuff in it anywhere?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last year I bought a set of Aramith Tournament balls and they did not hold up to their reputation....
I'm pretty sure that Aramith ball sets now come in shrink-wrap that has the Aramith logo. Did you set have that shrink-wrap?

lawlist

Registered
A got my Aramith Tournament set from Seyberts and haven't had any issues with them.

I would recommend checking the table again for additional staples and what not that may be damaging the balls. Even if the balls the O.P. has are counterfeit, the balls don't just scratch themselves -- something has to be causing that.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do your pockets have nails in them? Does the ball return have metal stuff in it anywhere?

I have remedied the cause of the scratches. My problem is the fact that the scratches revealed my balls don't seem to be Aramith Tournaments due to the white plastic inside the scratches.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would recommend checking the table again for additional staples and what not that may be damaging the balls. Even if the balls the O.P. has are counterfeit, the balls don't just scratch themselves -- something has to be causing that.

The whole ball return system was checked and that exposed staple was the only culprit. That staple is now flush below the surface.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...they did not hold up to their reputation. ... On a 2 ball, if it sustains a deep scratch, the inside of the scratch should be blue, not white....looking for suggestions.

I suggest your presumption is not the case.

I don't think a scratch has to appear same color as ball.

I'll share a pic of my scratchy balls, once I get up off my chair.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hhgfahbbvgfnbb

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200824-152118.jpg
    Screenshot_20200824-152118.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 346

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Look at the picture below. If the ball gets scratched on the blue, the inside of the scratch should be blue, not white.

Pool Ball cutaway.png

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Look at the picture below. If the ball gets scratched on the blue, the inside of the scratch should be blue, not white.

View attachment 555931

You could have melted the surface or caught something in there. They don't look fake, cut one in half and you'll see it is solid color throughout.

Good thing you didn't name the dealer, this is 100% Operator Error