Who will be the first !! 4K

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
Even though I am pretty clear of the electronics and service of electronics as a day to day business , I still sort of consult a few older customers that just refuse to call anyone else. So today I stopped in Sound Sensations here in Marietta to get a little work done to my car audio and electronics. They had a 65" tv playing some of the new 4k tv media ....WOW . I used to say that some of the older Sony tvs looked just like looking through a clear window ,well that was nice and made people feel good about getting one repaired .This new format is as close as I have ever seen, the depth looks almost 3D without any glasses.
So you know now I wanna know ....who will be the first to stream tournaments in 4 K ??

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/tv/sony-fmp-x5-media-player-announced-for-netflix-4k-streaming-1244653

Donkey Puncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude, streaming 4k!? That requires an ABSURD amount of bandwidth. I'd be amazed if it happened in the next 3 or 4 years

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Dude, streaming 4k!? That requires an ABSURD amount of bandwidth. I'd be amazed if it happened in the next 3 or 4 years

Gonna need a bigger hamster for sure!

attachment.jpg

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
Just messing around

But hey who knows , you all are correct about bandwidth. I'm just afraid this is leading to being charged for how much data you use per month......it's coming . Comcast already has a 300GB per month cap on residential.

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
But hey who knows , you all are correct about bandwidth. I'm just afraid this is leading to being charged for how much data you use per month......it's coming . Comcast already has a 300GB per month cap on residential.

I gotta "cap" for 'em -> "POP"

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't believe anyone has even streamed 1080p HD yet in the pool world. And the 720p that is streamed has a very very high compression compared to 720p network over the air television broadcasts.

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
It will be myself

It will be myself or my ex partner Zach more than likely and possibly Nathan Dumolin. We could actually do it now if we had 4k cameras. I routinely send huge bitrate scaled 720hd streams up for my members and can send 1080 sure, the problem is not enough people have the bandwidth to pull the 3/4k streams down hence why I run two different channels a "LO" - and a "HI" quality channel for my paid members. There are no PPVS here!