Heading to China in May.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen,

Having spent a lot of time in China, some cautions.

They try to rip you all the time.
Everything is way more expensive for tourists.
Do not venture out alone to the less popular areas. it is dangerous.
Make sure you have a Mandarin speaker with you if you go out.
They will lie to your face with a smile. Their word is absolutely worthless.
Any deal you make with them they will not honor.

Other than that, it is a interesting country.

Bill S.
I've been invited to the billiards trade show so I can meet all the table manufacturers to talk about using my glue for installing cushions/facings at the manufacturing level, as well as using my gluing system for installation of the snooker cloth on the Chinese 8b tables as they use racks now to install it, and because of that, it can't be installed very tight. Same reason I'm heading to India as well. I'll also be there with Diamond, doing some live demonstrations installing the bed cloth on a Diamond 7ft, at the Cyclop ball manufacturers trade show booth.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been invited to the billiards trade show so I can meet all the table manufacturers to talk about using my glue for installing cushions/facings at the manufacturing level, as well as using my gluing system for installation of the snooker cloth on the Chinese 8b tables as they use racks now to install it, and because of that, it can't be installed very tight. Same reason I'm heading to India as well. I'll also be there with Diamond, doing some live demonstrations installing the bed cloth on a Diamond 7ft, at the Cyclop ball manufacturers trade show booth.
Just be sure not to order a burger in India. ;)

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Hell, i was just kiddin' about getting kidnapped. I guess you might seriously wanna cover your ass over there. I wouldn't go on a bet. Be careful for sure.

...The Chinese communist regime is not about to take this passively. Not very many governments would, including the U.S. government. Imagine the reaction of U.S. officials if Russia were to take a child of Bill Gates into custody for violating Russia’s sanctions on some country.

So, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that China has now taken into custody two Canadian citizens, Michael Kovrig, an analyst for the International Crisis Group, and Michael Spavor, who runs cultural exchanges with North Korea.

The charge against both men? “Suspicion of engaging in activities that endanger national security.”...

https://www.fff.org/2018/12/13/dismiss-the-sanctions-charges-against-meng-wanzhou/

Will adhesive-selling "endanger national security?"

:idea:

Jeff Livingston

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Glen,

Having spent a lot of time in China, some cautions.

They try to rip you all the time.
Everything is way more expensive for tourists.
Do not venture out alone to the less popular areas. it is dangerous.
Make sure you have a Mandarin speaker with you if you go out.
They will lie to your face with a smile. Their word is absolutely worthless.
Any deal you make with them they will not honor.

Other than that, it is a interesting country.

Bill S.

Have to agree with Billy here. Good luck in your travels big guy.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Glen, congratulations on the vast new market. please update with photos and info from the trade shows and various pool halls you'll see. I'm sure it will be eye opening in more ways than one.

Also, just a thought, they were professionals in copying and reverse manufacturing over there. I'm no time, you might see knock-off cans of your product on the market at half price. Not sure if there is a way to safeguard against that.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
When it comes to lying, I don't think anyone is in the lead over OUR politicians;)

And find the nearest American food in China. My boss travels everywhere, and loves food. He could NOT eat in China. Half the time because he just didn't trust what it said it was suppose to be. The other times it just looked like and smelled like garbage. He ran to the nearest McDonalds to eat, a place he never eats when he's at home... but he loved it then.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And find the nearest American food in China. My boss travels everywhere, and loves food. He could NOT eat in China. Half the time because he just didn't trust what it said it was suppose to be. The other times it just looked like and smelled like garbage. He ran to the nearest McDonalds to eat, a place he never eats when he's at home... but he loved it then.

Then he definitely didn't try to find any good restaurant's when he was there.... they are plentiful.... and delicious!!

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, i have to know someone or have been to a place to knock it?? Really? 'Cause i've never been to France or know any French people but i DO know i wouldn't go that ShariaS^*thole on a bet either. I DO know people who travel to China on business and to a man they say as long as you stay in the nicer areas you're semi-safe but other than that all bets are off.

no not at all... you should definitely knock people and places you know nothing about... that makes perfect sense to me... lol

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What are you going to do if they want to see your MSDS?

That's never been a problem, only a problem when someone starts demanding I produce them, without BUYING my product first. The MSDS requirement documentation is nothing new.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I've lived in Germany for 6 years and Italy for another year, so I'm familiar with eating the foods of other countries, and next to chicken, Chinese is my second most favorite food to eat. But, if I get to craving some chicken, I doubt it'll be hard to find me some in China:grin:

KFC is a fast food restaurant chain that specializes in fried chicken and is China's largest restaurant chain. ... KFC has 5,138 outlets in China as of 2017. According to research by Millward Brown, KFC was the most powerful foreign brand in China in 2013

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen, congratulations on the vast new market. please update with photos and info from the trade shows and various pool halls you'll see. I'm sure it will be eye opening in more ways than one.

Also, just a thought, they were professionals in copying and reverse manufacturing over there. I'm no time, you might see knock-off cans of your product on the market at half price. Not sure if there is a way to safeguard against that.

My glue manufacturer has a factory in China as well, and they agree that it only takes one name on the glue label to sell as much glue as that is going to be sold world wide. To support the sale of my glue, I'm producing free YouTube videos to show anyone, and everyone how to best use it.

And like I've said, and been saying, all I'm interested in is making sure at a minimum, the top 32 Pros are playing in a Pro event in which they ALL get paid a minimum, at least ONCE a month. Once a year tournaments don't do a damn thing for this industry as far as I'm concerned, and again, those ONCE a year events do nothing to pull the Pros together to represent this sport at its highest level.

8&out

Registered
please remember in both China and India

If it crawls-and is not made by Catapiler
If it flys-and is not made by Boeing
If it goes underwater-and is not made by GE Electric Boat Company
If it has 4 legs-and is not a table
THEY have a reciepe for it.

Glad you are getting Life and the Rolls going your way

8&out