Looking for a Jackpot cue

when you buy from an established company you tend to get the quality you pay for otherwise they would be out of business.
a 100 dollar retail cue can only provide a minimum of quality. mark it up to 600 and its still a 100 dollar cue. but buy a 600 dollar cue from an established dealer and you will get much more quality.

Yeah, for $600, you should be able to get a very high quality custom or production cue, that should last a lifetime, and remain straight, if well cared for.

For $600, there are so many very high quality, and very highly respected cue maker options out there.

I could make a very long list of very highly respected cue makers that you can get a very nice cue from for $600, or less.

Schmelke would be on the very bottom of that list, in my opinion, when it comes to well known US cue makers.

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Schmelkes, but lets be blunt here, their price point is reflective of the fit and finish you can expect.

Some come out looking great, but there are just little things like running a countersink or a cutting tool at the very minimum into the shaft bores to chamfer them, etc.

I just got a Schmelke cue and it looks great to me.
But I'm no expert on what to look for.
Tell me what I should be looking for and I will check mine out.
I only paid $230 and it has more content(bling) then a Jackpot cue.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sounds like a nice cue.

Post up some close up pics of it.

From tip to bumper.

With and without the bumper.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I love Schmelkes, but lets be blunt here, their price point is reflective of the fit and finish you can expect.

Some come out looking great, but there are just little things like running a countersink or a cutting tool at the very minimum into the shaft bores to chamfer them, etc.

Wonder how all this talk about Schmelkes is bombarding Schmelke, and their dealer with Cue orders?:confused:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've bought 3 Plain Jane Schmelke Sneakies. Sold the first 2 because other friends wanted a bar banger and that's what I use it for. All 3 had finish issues within a month as is with the Bocote I have now.
They're good enough to go into rough bars with and that's all I would recommend them for, or maybe a youngsters 1st cue.
I paid $222.40 shipped with 2 shafts a couple months ago for the Bocote I have now. One shaft turned down some and Triangle tip added the little extra.
Items
Qty
R030 Bocote 4-Prong
SKU: R030
Joint styles R Series
Joint #4...3/8” dia.10 tpi Stainless Steel Pin to Wood Thread…......................
Weight
19oz............. No Charge
Shaft 1 Type Schmelke
Hard Maple.......................No Charge
Shaft 1 Diameter
12.75mm.....................
Shaft 1 Tip Type
Triangle........................
Shaft 1 Ferrule
Ferrule Juma 1" Standard.................No Charge
Shaft 1 Taper
Pro Taper 10-12 inches......................No Charge
Shaft 1 length (if non standard add 3 weeks)
58" (29" Butt & 29" Shaft) Standard ........................... No Charge
Butt Cap Option (if non standard add 3 weeks)
No Butt Cap...........................................No Charge
Shaft 2 Type (extra shaft) Schmelke
Hard Maple.......................
Shaft 2 Diameter
13.mm (Standard).......No Charge
Shaft 2 Tip Type
Schmelke Soft....No Charge
Shaft 2 Ferrule
Ferrule Juma 1" Standard.................No Charge
Shaft 2 Taper
Pro Taper 10-12 inches......................No Charge
Shaft 2 Shaft Length
29 inches Standard......No Charge
About Us
Customer Service
715-234-6553
Schmelke Cues
1879 28th Ave
Rice Lake, Wisconsin 54868,
United States

Description
Unit price
Qty
Amount
R030 Bocote 4-Prong
$212.00 USD
$212.00 USD
Subtotal
$212.00 USD
Shipping and handling
$10.40 USD
Total
$222.40 USD
Payment
$222.40 USD

Payment sent from johnnyrosato@hotmail.com
The final payment amount may change when the merchant completes the order.

Invoice ID: 000000486

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I saw that, but that is an ad picture.

Show actual photos of your cue from every angle, and with the butt cap out so we can see inside. Show the joint up close, too.

If you have calipers, give us the diameters of the butt at the joint, at the front of the wrap, and the end of the wrap, and at the end of the butt cap.

I may buy one to give it a test run.

Reductio ad absurdum in reverse

Why are you still posting about this? We already know you endorse fraud and have a very high opinion of yourself.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reductio ad absurdum in reverse

Why are you still posting about this? We already know you endorse fraud and have a very high opinion of yourself.

Why must you troll in every thread on here?

I was talking to measureman.

If I want you, I know how to click your posts and ask something.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Yeah, for $600, you should be able to get a very high quality custom or production cue, that should last a lifetime, and remain straight, if well cared for.

For $600, there are so many very high quality, and very highly respected cue maker options out there.

I could make a very long list of very highly respected cue makers that you can get a very nice cue from for $600, or less.

Schmelke would be on the very bottom of that list, in my opinion, when it comes to well known US cue makers.

show us some of your cues, curious

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
lucasi sucks. they hit like a factory cue, they opitimize factory cue, their zeroflex shafts suck. they make some nice looking cues, this one here is nice, and if the same cue was made by a custom builder it would easily for for $1200plus https://www.seyberts.com/lucasi-hybrid-lhc94-cue

but ill take a schmelke over a Chinese cue any day. schmelke isn't as pretty, but they play pretty good if you play with a maple shaft, but most here don't play with a maple shaft, except old timers who grew up with a maple shaft, so all this arguing seems moot.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
exactly. lol

I think it is this one.

You may have to blow it up a little better to see it good.

I'm not sure who made it, but I've heard that "Mouse-coni" used one Justin like it.

Attachments

• justin.jpg
    justin.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 555

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Its a bunch of little things/corners cut to be able to offer their cues at a low price point.

Other companies send their production off shore to hit a price level, while maintaining a certain level of quality.

I dont know what kind of shape your lucasi is in, but if its still like new, compare the finishes. On the Schmelke, you could possibly find orange peel, small piece of debris under the finish, points and inlays that can be felt if the cue is spun between the fingers. Ringwork, same thing. It doesnt make it bad, it just explains how most of their cues can be bought in the $200 or less range.

They control cost by controlling man hours involved in manufacturing.

As Ive said, I love their cues, I own 5 or 6 of them. But I love them for what they are, and for the purpose I buy them; bar play where a cue might get knocked over, or need to be swung at someones dome and left there while a quick exit is made out the back. :thumbup:

The are the "grocery getter" of pool cues.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As Ive said, I love their cues, I own 5 or 6 of them. But I love them for what they are, and for the purpose I buy them; bar play where a cue might get knocked over, or need to be swung at someones dome and left there while a quick exit is made out the back. :thumbup:

Can you play just as well with it in the bars as you can with your "better cues" at home or not in the bars?

Is there a difference in your level of play?

If so, is it you or the cue?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you play just as well with it in the bars as you can with your "better cues" at home or not in the bars?

Is there a difference in your level of play?

If so, is it you or the cue?

Any difference in play beyond fine adjustment/tuning is always on the player.

I can play with pretty much anything you put in my hand. Ive never been one to get get sentimental over cues. Cues are pieces of sporting goods first and foremost. Decoration not withstanding.

I personally cant stand bars. My tolerance for drunks is nil, and screaming drunks fall even lower on the list. So, my point was having a cue that you arent as worried about getting damaged, lost, stolen etc.