pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
3BA650CF-8790-411A-9FCF-70C9C35CCA38.jpeg

—————

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me also bring something up......since these pool rooms are so quick to open what makes you guys think they will:

1. Disinfect all the tables

2. Wipe down the cues

3. Clean all the balls

Like I said if they are opening up because they feel it's safe but they also feel it's safe enough to not have to clean and disinfect. This is the mindset that I'm afraid of the most since some local pool rooms can't even brush their tables and now I'm trusting them to disinfect.

Except for the SBC poster who put a direct guideline on what he's going to do.

If you go to your local room please look around to see if anything is different. If not then walk out.

Stay safe and stay home.

Ah quick to open??
New York govenor Cuomo made us phase 4..which won't be until 6/30 at the soonest.
Closed 15 weeks by government order and given about 5500 in aide. That's a joke.
I'm small time and will be out 22k.

I cleaned my whole room twice including the ceiling....literally

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I can assure you it's not safe for men to be running around most parts of Ohio peeing on people. There's a significant penalty.

Now further up near the State up North, we might get a little bleed over. They normally pee their pants a little about every Thanksgiving.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I can assure you it's not safe for men to be running around most parts of Ohio peeing on people. There's a significant penalty.

Now further up near the State up North, we might get a little bleed over. They normally pee their pants a little about every Thanksgiving.
I was born in Ohio and been in Michigan for about 36 years. We don't tolerate that. About 20 years ago I was called for jury duty and elected jury foreman in what turned out to be a "urinating in public" case. A cop waiting in the drive thru line at White Castle was the star witness and I'll have you know we unanimously convicted...although mostly because he was a smug 20-something.

Sent from the future.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I was born in Ohio and been in Michigan for about 36 years. We don't tolerate that. About 20 years ago I was called for jury duty and elected jury foreman in what turned out to be a "urinating in public" case. A cop waiting in the drive thru line at White Castle was the star witness and I'll have you know we unanimously convicted...although mostly because he was a smug 20-something.

Sent from the future.

It's not hard to believe there was a White Castle involved. :lmao:

Seaspook

Has-Been
I have to strongly disagree with your premise that....

“ according to projections by the end of May, pretty much all of America, and much of the rest of the world, will be at or near the end of the covid-19 related deaths from this initial wave. “

We are at least a year away from the end of the deaths. All we have done is slowed the rate...

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to projections by the end of May, pretty much all of America, and much of the rest of the world, will be at or near the end of the covid-19 related deaths from this initial wave.

I'm wondering what measures, if any, do you plan to use to try and stay safe when returning to our community pool rooms. I expect that the rooms will have some sort of social distancing guidelines but what about us as individuals?

Are you planning on doing anything above and beyond what the pool rooms do in an effort to stay safe?

best,
brian kc
I think your Math is off a bit............
https://www.france24.com/en/2020050...d-19-rate-will-nearly-double-us-due-to-easing

Althair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I very much question your original assertion: you said by end of May this first wave of death is projected to be over. Obviously we need to wait and see but NO - - Projections are for people dying at unprecedented rates in June - one study claims 200,000 (let me type it again - that's no typo), I say 200,000 new cases per day in June (up to from 25,000 a day now). Well cases aren't deaths but deaths will follow two weeks later and even a tiny percentage of fatalities will be massive. And States "opening up" too soon and people who don't believe this virus is a serious threat mean we're probably heading into a really bad summer and fall. Sorry for the bad news. But please don't rush back into social settings until you see what is going on!

Sent from my SM-A600U using Tapatalk

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

@mich, althair & seaspook;

when I posted this thread, my statement that the projected deaths from the first wave of covid-19 were going to be pretty much over by the end of May, that was exactly what they said. You can go back and check the IHME model to confirm this.

As of a couple days ago, they adjusted the numbers drastically higher reflecting changes if there will be much less compliance of social distancing, mask use, etc as the country tries to reopen.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to projections by the end of May, pretty much all of America, and much of the rest of the world, will be at or near the end of the covid-19 related deaths from this initial wave.

I'm wondering what measures, if any, do you plan to use to try and stay safe when returning to our community pool rooms. I expect that the rooms will have some sort of social distancing guidelines but what about us as individuals?

Are you planning on doing anything above and beyond what the pool rooms do in an effort to stay safe?

best,
brian kc

Not a chance can in hell l’m getting out without science backed proof that it’s safe rather than a brain rattled President and the gimpazzed Governor of Texas.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard from reliable sources the standard in pandemics is it's safe to start to open up when the death rate is 1 death per day per 1 million people.
If that's correct, we ain't close.

Chicken Feather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a chance can in hell l’m getting out without science backed proof that it’s safe rather than a brain rattled President and the gimpazzed Governor of Texas.

Hate to bust your bubble, but this is not a "safe" world. Never has been, never will be.
DON'T PANIC! :yikes::yikes::yikes:

ShapeShifter

U/V Light Wands to disinfect pool tables??

Has anyone heard any discussion of using U/V light wands to disinfect the felt? I'm researching for a bar owner who is preparing to reopen... eventually.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I think if you want to smoke cigarettes, then go for it. Don't try to put your words into my comments .:nono:

I enjoy a couple of Cigars daily, people say smoking is bad for you:angry:. I reply like most vices, sex, whiskey, driving fast, riding motorcycles, etc. :D

FREE CHOICE.:thumbup: