Here we go

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bars and pool halls opening up thus weekend in the Chicago suburbs. Leagues starting next week. I’m going, I have my fingers crossed.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations!

Don’t be surprised if a lot of leagues don’t start up as quickly as they say they will though. Some of ours were delayed a bit as some players weren’t willing to return right away...

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bar owners and apa league operators are in a hurry to get things back to normal. They have warning signs and hand sanitizer but I think you will be on your own when it comes to your health. Illinois has phase 4 capacity limits in the bars but I don’t think there will be any enforcement. I do see players holding back on returning because of their underlining health issues so the start up may be a little slow which is OK with me.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The couple of Chicago pool halls I'm familiar with are both opening tomorrow (Friday, 6/26), but with strict COVID limitations including reduced occupancy, physical distancing and masks required except when eating/drinking (plus lots of disinfecting).

pj
chgo

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m in Illinois too, we’re waiting for fall to see how things are going, no one on my team is in any hurry.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve played recently in New Orleans, Columbus, and Livonia. Almost no one was wearing a mask, except me of course.

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our leagues starting next week too.
I already see teams scrambling to fill spots as some people aren't ready to socialize.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rooms opening in the Philly area today.
I'm hanging back probably for a month.
After all of the work my family and I have put in isolating and distancing
it would be fool hardy to jump right in especially with what is happening in the states that have opened up a month ago.
They are getting hammered with Covid.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No way.

I’ll stay away from pool halls, bars, restaurants for another couple of months. Definitely anywhere that serves alcohol unless an outside patio with some distancing.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No way.

I’ll stay away from pool halls, bars, restaurants for another couple of months. Definitely anywhere that serves alcohol unless an outside patio with some distancing.

What the heck does alcohol I have to do with anything?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What the heck does alcohol I have to do with anything?
Pretty sure he was just referring to indoor eating/drinking businesses. Some states, like Florida, are seeing HUGE spikes. In Houston and Phoenix hospitals are near peak capacity. Texas has stopped elective surgeries and re-closed all bars. Don't think its bad you're just ignoring reality.

dquarasr

Registered
Leagues here in Central Florida started last week. As much as I am very much looking forward to competing again in league, I have chosen not to participate as I am in the group for high consequences if infected.

This week someone who plays league Monday night at the place my league plays tested positive.

To the proprietors' credit, they shut down the hall to perform a deep cleaning.

I don't know when I will feel comfortable playing in a hall again, or dining indoors at a restaurant, especially given the trend this week for Florida covid numbers, topped off today with nearly 9,000 new cases reported, up from 1300, 1700, 1900, last week, to 5000, 5500, now 9000 this week. The numbers are SO going in the wrong direction since restrictions were eased after Memorial Day, with new records so much higher than the beginning of the pandemic when restrictions were first instituted.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot actually. I sure everyone has experienced a drunk person slobbering, slurring, spitting and hanging on people too.

Exactly,

Even after a couple of drinks some folks stand too close and start yammering on. Most are responsible but ‘most’ isn’t good enough when It comes to discretionary activities with close human contact.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I don't know when I will feel comfortable playing in a hall again, or dining indoors at a restaurant, especially given the trend this week for Florida covid numbers, topped off today with nearly 9,000 new cases reported, up from 1300, 1700, 1900, last week, to 5000, 5500, now 9000 this week. The numbers are SO going in the wrong direction since restrictions were eased after Memorial Day, with new records so much higher than the beginning of the pandemic when restrictions were first instituted.
Thankfully, the death numbers are trending in the other direction.
Our local hall was open for a couple weeks before an employee tested positive. They closed for a week or so for everyone to get tested and another cleaning. They reopen tomorrow night I hear.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly,

Even after a couple of drinks some folks stand too close and start yammering on. Most are responsible but ‘most’ isn’t good enough when It comes to discretionary activities with close human contact.

So the “fix” for interacting with idiots should be to avoid idiots. Not avoiding a restaurant where responsible adults might be enjoying a glass of wine with dinner.

But maybe that’s just me. :rolleyes: