Owning A Pool Table

Davey

Registered
Once again I'm wondering if you people can help me out. Is it a good idea for a person who is into pool get a pool table? I have a friend over here that has been playing for about 15 years and he has never owned a pool table. He said it was cause he was scared that if he got a pool table that he would get tired of the sport or bored of it. Any of you think this is right or...does having a pool table lengthen the experience of the sport?

B

Beavis

If playing too much pool is a problem, he could always take a break. Having your own table is a great idea.

H

Hogman

I have a pool table and I think its great. I also still go out to play, but the ability to try something new or practice whenever you want in your own home is great. You might get bored playing by yourself or practicing but you will never get bored playing other people.

B

Beavis

Davey,

I know several Pros / Florida tour players, and they almost all have tables at home. Or a room they play free in. Time on the table will almost always pay off.

If theres room, you got the dough, get a table. You wont be sorry... till its time to move.

joe666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got my tax return back.
I'm going table shopping this weekend!!

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
owning a Pool Table & using it is extremely valuable in learning to play the game well. Having your friends come by & play Pool is very nice indeed. I would do 2 things before buying a table. Make sure you have room for the right size Pool table & buy the kind of Pool Table that matches the Tables you compete on. If you play on several kinds, maybe an 8 Footer (nominal size for the 9-8-7 foot sized tabels) with some 860 Simonis & shimmed pockets will keep you fine tuned for most environments.
Don't buy CHEAP.. you won't be able to transfer your playing from a CHEAP BOUNCY Table to a good commercial Table.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is one of the first threads from the site
Seemed like a good topic to resurrect to get away from the virus

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all the bars and pool halls closed and even professional events being cancelled I am really happy that I decided to get a table in 2018. I mean, just imagine not being able to shoot pool during the apocalypse.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got my table 10/18. Had the rails done by Trent in 5/19. I play everyday! My game is improving and I know when I did not have a table I played almost never.
One other thing my table is right next to the kitchen so there is never an excuse not to hit a few balls!

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had to give up my table, Bruswick Anniverary, when we moved to AZ. Sure wish I had it today. Down here houses just ain't as spacious and with no basements tough to have a home table.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I've got a 9 foot Diamond Pro Am in my garage...have had it for almost 5 years. I play 3 hour sessions (sometimes longer) about 4 times per week, and still play in pool rooms in the area. Nothing like waking up on a weekend and playing in your underwear or a bathrobe. I never get tired of playing, just tired from playing. :)

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Room for a Pool Table

My Living/Family room is my Game Room, Kitchen & Dining Room. It has full dinette set with 6 chairs, a 6 legged 10 foot Arcade Snooker Table & an 8 foot Pool Table. It is 35 x 45 in size.

My Buddy's home has 35 x 45 room with a 9 foot Diamond, a 7 Foot Diamond, a 9 foot 6 legged Brunswick Kling Pool Table & a Brunswick 6 legged Arcade Snooker Table. It's a grand place to be...

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, zombie thread from 2003.

I got a home table last month and my game has improved for the one time a week I play League. In total I play around 12 hours a week on my home table.

On my home table I can practice different things and fundamentals that take up time that I don’t have on League night. It’s also paid for itself in short amount of time I’ve owned it.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I'm guessing after 17 years the OP is still thinking on it. :embarrassed2:

I had a 9 foot Brunswick Medalist for about 10 years. Loved it but as kids came on the scene, realized late night "breaks" kept everyone up. Would do it again in a retirement home but it does mean you have to be the host, a lot.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Got my table 10/18. Had the rails done by Trent in 5/19. I play everyday! My game is improving and I know when I did not have a table I played almost never.
One other thing my table is right next to the kitchen so there is never an excuse not to hit a few balls!

Thats a beautiful pool room you have. I love that wall of windows