POST #2000 Some Matt90 AzBilliards History

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member

Wow, 2000 !! Just wanted to say thanks to all the people I have met as a direct result of this website . It seems like yesterday that I decided I wanted to play pool again after leaving it alone for over 15 years. I had started visiting the "Pool Room " in Marietta ,Georgia on a regular basis in 2004 and about a year later I bought a home on the street behind the "Pool Room" (Which is now known as Marietta Billiard Club . I met and bought my first custom cue there from Chris Hightower ,our very own Cueman , he told me about AZ billiards so I promptly went home and signed up.
Truly ,looking at the big picture it has been a great experience and I even went on an 18 month road trip with a van full of video and computer equipment ,live streaming pool tournaments .....it was what I called my mental health tour ,I saved and regained my mental health then moved on to other things(That's another story I will write up one day .
The following is a short list of the people I met either at pool rooms,streaming tournaments,and just hanging out online and then meeting them in person. IF I left anyone out please understand and I will return and update this from time to time.
1. Chris Hightower - One of the best cue makers around ,Chris never had to tell me he was a Christian , it showed.
2. Lou - my tournament sweating friend in NC
3. Vic B. the original Marietta Pool Room short stop who played with me night after night for hours and hours , till I beat him.....then he quit me .
4. Mark with the beard . Another Pool Room friend , much pool cue knowledge and if he ever figures out how good he really plays the whole room will vacate
5. GulfPort Doc - This man has many,many pool and music stories to tell . I liked him the moment I met him , I could see he had depth and integrity
6. Light Weight /Craig - Always having a good time , playing pretty sporty and has the same cue itch as me.....never can get "just the right cue"
7.Mike Janis - I hear all these people saying "Mike is .......and ....." I have to say I really like Mike ,my Mom met Mike and she liked him too .....she is very hard to get past .Mike does all he can to assure both the players and the room owners have a great tournament.
8.Doug Taylor The Jacoby Tour - Doug , who are you really man ? Just kidding ,enjoyed closing down quite a few of the true Jacoby stops with Doug. He welcomed me in as a friend and a streamer.I do sometimes think Doug is one of those witness protection people ???
9.Joey A - Where can I begin.......I had a revalation one day that ever since my Father passed away in 1987 that I have had a minimum of one if not 3-4 wise men in my life that were just there, for whatever reason, that were somehow looking out for me. Joey has been one of those people ever since meeting him /day one. Now I am going to go tear up.....don't tell Joey ,it goes to his head, he's already got celebrity status.
10.David or NCDAVE - We are kindred spirits ,refugees of the era of Earl , I miss our talks......yeah I know Matt , I know ....lol
11. David "BlackJack" Sapolis - If I ever wanted an older brother I would want him to be just like David. I'm far to selfish for brothers and all that ....lol. David is one of the best writters and instructors I have had the luck of talking to , let alone form a friendship with .You sir are a machine !! We have a lot in common and my world is a better place for knowing you.
12. Tommy Kennedy - Tommy is one of the nicest people let alone pool players I ever met . I know two truths about Tommy , he loves the Marietta Diner and he REALLY loves Jesus , it shows.
13. John Di Toro - John owes me a lesson ....I mean it !! John was first class when it came to helping run the Seminole Tournaments, he made everyone feel like family , even a "unknown live streamer"
14.Rick / TikiTavi - Rick was a hard shell to crack , I like Rick , he plays good and likes pizza . How many cues do you have man , really ??
15. Raymond Linares - The sky is the limit for this young man , you got the right attitude . We could be seeing Raymond knock off most any top player at any time.Ray, you taught me something way back when I fussed at you for being at my computer seat when I came back from the bathroom , I am so glad we got to talk again and became friends . God Bless
16. Willie aka Lock n Load - another older brother from another mother , why wont anyone play the Lock ? He can't make a ball . Lock is a friend All the Time , not just when it's convenient . Thank you Lock , now , go peel someones head. It's as simple as that . Later.....
17. Steve Lomax - What can I say , Steve and his wife Sherry treat me like a long lost family member .Some of the best times and stories I have heard have been hanging around Mr. Cues while Steve was working on cues and telling pool tales.

I will ad more to the list later , just wanted to get the first 17 or so done. I'm just glad AZb is here for us and let's us post , sell and do what we do . I always get the feeling that most of us, but I can only speak for me , would be better players if we talked and posted less and played more.:D
But it's fun

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the club.

Your card should get to you in 4-6 weeks.

The secret password is sevbaconsev.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
I am honored to be recognized on your list. I have moved closer to Asheboro Land, so if you happen to be in the neighborhood give me a call and we can play a little pool. Take care Matt.

Lou