Who is the most underrated cue maker on your opinion?

Dusrsan12

Registered
I'm sure there has already been a thread about this, but I was just wanting to hear about some of the less talked about cue makers that deserve some credit. Because I have a few of the big name players and I swear my "unheard of" cue out plays them all.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
I have heard nothing but amazing things about Bob Danielson cues. Especially is SS360 LD shaft. I haven't heard one bad review yet about his work. I don't think he is very well known.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill McDaniel.

I realize he doesn't make cues anymore, but Bill's cues were always
among the best and very underpriced. That's a good thing for a buyer,
but a bad thing for a seller. Great playing cues and a whole lot of cue
for the money. Top tier cue maker in my opinion.

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Olney, Durbin for playability and being way underrated

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul Dayton does fine work and probably doesn't get the attention deserved.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
John Nemic in Dallas. A friend of mine wanted me to ask him about a cue. I have known John for four years. Have always been impressed with his work. Just didn't know how little he ask for them. After reading what he gets for them, I am considering buying one! Last thing I need is a cue. Just can't get over the bang for the buck you get from him. I need to add, I don't think there is anything he can't do. His full splice cues are the best I have ever seen!

Larry

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Larry, you are certainly not underrated but you are "under the radar".

I am playing almost exclusively with one of your Beautiful Cues and
may be the proud owner of that Curly Maple Cue you're building for
Dean. It kind of rests on what my Oncologist says next month.
If you showed up at the BCA in Vegas with a couple dozen of your
Cues, I believe they would all be gone in less than two days.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know about cue makers, but the Gilbert jump/break cue at $400 is massively underrated, IMO.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makers

Mike Johnson of Jensen cues. He's been around for along time does great work and makes a great playing cue. But his cues on resale don't bring what they should, but I think his time is coming

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Dennis Searing. Yes, Mr. Searing. I was fortunate enough to have spent
a few hours with him last week.
After seeing his work, it convinced there can't be a better maker
EVER.
if you don't make cues, you probably will never understand the level
of his work.
I can go on and on, but I might offend makers in the hall of fame.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Searing. Yes, Mr. Searing. I was fortunate enough to have spent
a few hours with him last week.
After seeing his work, it convinced there can't be a better maker
EVER.
if you don't make cues, you probably will never understand the level
of his work.
I can go on and on, but I might offend makers in the hall of fame.

His work is hardly underrated on here. Probably closer to the opposite

playonepocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely not underrated, but relatively unknown - Brent Summers. He is out of Indiana I believe, and is a heck-of-a nice guy!

I met him for the first time at this year's Derby City Classic, we banged around some balls, and he made a plug about "being a cue maker" yadda yadda yadda...

Well, I wound up hitting balls with a few of his cues for a little over an hour. And, wow, just wow. Great playing cue.

He mentioned that he is just doing it on the side as a hobby, not trying to get rich. Likes to use highly figured woods, butterfly points, and natural materials. Definitely has his own style...

playonepocket

Last edited:

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have heard nothing but amazing things about Bob Danielson cues. Especially is SS360 LD shaft. I haven't heard one bad review yet about his work. I don't think he is very well known.

Bob Danielson gets my vote , his cues play like a dream especially when you're into LD technologie .
He upgraded his SS360 shaft with even less deflection but with the same feel and feedback than the regular SS360 .

His SS360 shaft ( 1st or 2nd gen ) in combination with his 6 pie laminated butts are a killer combination .

Here in Belgium the're now about 10 people playing with a BD cue and all of them are now playing on a higher level then before .

Hands down the most underrated cuemaker .

Christoph