Help me to identify the truth, Buddy Hall & Bludworth Cue

monjiro

Registered
Hello. I have introducing one cue which is Bludworth and have Buddy Hall Sign on it.
There is 2 batt one is for break cue and sign is only on play cue.

What I want ask to find is that this cue was purchased directly from bludworth and he explaind this cue was used by Buddy Hall himself when he got title on US open and 20 more titles with this cue!

this one was purchased like 20 years ago.

Now ... I saw many cue from bludworth has Buddy Hall signature on it ... and I checked many videos played by buddy hall used different cues ... this perticular cue nervershow up at anywhere ,,,

of cause I check the video only like youtube so don't know really this is true or not.

Is there anybody knows about this and any suggestions???

The guy asking $10,000USD because bludwoth himself said don't sell under this price because this one is special ...

Attachments

• BLU1.jpg
    BLU1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 900
  • BLU2.jpg
    BLU2.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 851

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
the cue looks nice and bludworth certainly made good players, no doubt about it.

the basic cue in real nice shape with 2 good full shafts might be worth in the $750 - $900 range in a good market. The matched break cue might add approx $300.

If it is an actual buddy hall signature and not a transfer or machine sign then that could add a little (maybe a hundred or two?) but not a great deal.

If it is the actual cue used by Buddy to win US Open and "many other titles" and this is provable then that would add a lot more value but imo nothing anywhere close to $10k.

Our sport isn't at that level, unfortunately.

Imagine if it was Tigers putter from one of the Masters or a World Series winning home run bat...:eek:

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy did use Bluds for a while. He also goes thru cues like he does a bag of M&M's. Those do look like one's i've seen him use. IIRC he loaned one to CJ for the Sands event one year. Not worth any $10,000. I think the cue in this vid may be one of these or one a whole lot like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_29seYTp-0Q

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Buddy did use Bluds for a while. He also goes thru cues like he does a bag of M&M's. Those do look like one's i've seen him use. IIRC he loaned one to CJ for the Sands event one year. Not worth any $10,000. I think the cue in this vid may be one of these or one a whole lot like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_29seYTp-0Q

Wasn't Jose Parica somewhat famous for telling cue makers "you give me cue, I make you famous"!

Lyn

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't Jose Parica somewhat famous for telling cue makers "you give me cue, I make you famous"!

Lyn
When Buddy was living here in Tulsa he had one of those big salesman roll-around cue cases, full of nice stuff. I saw him play with six different cues in one afternoon and he played exactly the same with all of them. Different joints, tapers, tips, etc. He ran out with all of them. He likes them around 20oz. and just under 13mm. Other than that he'll play good with all cues.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bludworth made a line of Buddy Hall cues. Buddy got a cut of the sales money.

Late 80's or early 90's.

We had a pool hall in Alvin, Texas and Blud and Buddy dropped in on a 9 ball tournament night. House rules were "anybody can play". He won, naturally, and I told the other participants "Where else can you play Buddy Hall for $10"? Buddy was using one of those cues.

monjiro

Registered
Thanks for your help!

I was relieved of the suspicion. Thanks everyone for the help!

By the way, like most of Szamboti tagged over 10k Is
that another story?!?

Also this same guy asking Gina Rainbow for 6k but has sound inside of
forearm... but said easy fix just ship to Ernie... Is that such a
Easy way to go? Doesn’t takes time and cost?!?!

The sound is quite big when I hit the ball...

I don’t know average price now for rainbows so give me an advise please...

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member

I watched that match too last week when Accu-stats premiered it. I also noticed the Rifleman cue. Good eye!!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy did use Bluds for a while. He also goes thru cues like he does a bag of M&M's.
Yep, I have seen Buddy play with a different cue often. Whatever he just got was a "great cue", and shortly after that it would be traded/sold.

Buddy has cuemakers sending him cues all the time.

Ken

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello. I have introducing one cue which is Bludworth and have Buddy Hall Sign on it.
There is 2 batt one is for break cue and sign is only on play cue.

What I want ask to find is that this cue was purchased directly from bludworth and he explaind this cue was used by Buddy Hall himself when he got title on US open and 20 more titles with this cue!

this one was purchased like 20 years ago.

Now ... I saw many cue from bludworth has Buddy Hall signature on it ... and I checked many videos played by buddy hall used different cues ... this perticular cue nervershow up at anywhere ,,,

of cause I check the video only like youtube so don't know really this is true or not.

Is there anybody knows about this and any suggestions???

The guy asking $10,000USD because bludwoth himself said don't sell under this price because this one is special ...

I don't think you have to worry about selling this cue for under $10,000.
Actually Buddy played with Meucci's more than any other cue, and he sold more Meucii's than any other cue as well. Oftentimes I saw him win a tournament with a Meucci only to sell it after the tournament was over. At the next tournament there he would be with another identical looking Meucci. Same story, rinse and repeat. That five or six hundred dollar "bonus" was usually enough to cover his nut for each tournament, compliments of Bob Meucci.
The Bludworth's were probably a step up from the Meucci's in quality and price. His cues typically sold in the $750-1,000 price range, sometimes even higher. Main reason being they were "one offs" made by Leonard Bludworth himself. His wife and son being his only other assistants. Bludworth's were a "custom cue" as opposed to being a "production" cue.

Last edited:

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
There is a thread from a few years ago where someone found the pic from when Buddy won the Willard's tournament and was on the cover of Billiards Digest. The cue in his hand is indeed a Buddy model Bludworth.

He won the U.S. Open against Dennis Hatch not long after that with a different one.

I personally saw Buddy in Paducah with both of them in the same time frame.

He's also got something in common with Parica as far as his cues go. Unless it was within a year of 2 run-ins with either of them at a tournament,I never saw either with the same cue twice. Parica beat Buddy in the lead up to Kennedy's win with a Ginacue I know he didn't pay the 6500 that cue sold for according to the pics Ernie used to send out.

Buddy told me one time that every now and then a fan with money would show up with a roll and buy whatever he was playing with,esp if he won anything with it. Whatever works :wink:.

Supposedly both were were notorious about "I'm famous so I don't pay for cues,I'll play with yours if you give me one (or several),but prefer you pay me to play with it like Meucci does". I never did see Parica with any of the import production cues like Lucasi however.

Every time I saw Buddy in person,he had SOMETHING for sale as far as cues go. Tommy D.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I vaguely remember Efren selling his "magic cue" to a prince in the Middle East for something like $50,000.

monjiro

Registered
interesting ...

so this piece is the same as the other cue has sigh on it ... to sell higher amount ..

and what I understand is this perticular cue is not the one Buddy won US open and
20 other titles .... since buddy always used different cue (to sell after the game)...

Bludworth lied to sell it for higher amount ... the story this guy said was like this

"Bludworth sold him this cue becasue he need money since his wife is in the hospital for cancer..".

That's why bludworth sold his special memory cue ... that's why he said don't sell
under $10,000USD....

It's kind of fraud ... I am very disapointted... I do't buy any of Bludworth anymore...

Very bad...

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Bludworth lied to sell it for higher amount ... the story this guy said was like this ...
Did you speak to Bludworth yourself? If not, do you have written documentation of what he said?

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so this piece is the same as the other cue has sigh on it ... to sell higher amount ..

and what I understand is this perticular cue is not the one Buddy won US open and
20 other titles .... since buddy always used different cue (to sell after the game)...

Bludworth lied to sell it for higher amount ... the story this guy said was like this

"Bludworth sold him this cue becasue he need money since his wife is in the hospital for cancer..".

That's why bludworth sold his special memory cue ... that's why he said don't sell
under $10,000USD....

It's kind of fraud ... I am very disapointted... I do't buy any of Bludworth anymore...

Very bad...

Welcome to the pool world.......unfortunately this is the way it is