New SP finished

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
I love the fact that you took the time an effort to core a SP.

That speaks volumes to your attitude as a CM.

Nice work Kim.

Rick

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I am not really a fan of the thick ringwork, but I guess that is personal.
I would have preferred the center part of the ring to be about 1/3 thinner and the black
and white rings on either side a little thinner aswell.

Also, I think it would look better if you had alligned the grain of the wood in the buttsleeve,
that is assuming the buttsleeve was from the same piece of wood.

gr. Dave

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I am not really a fan of the thick ringwork, but I guess that is personal.
I would have preferred the center part of the ring to be about 1/3 thinner and the black
and white rings on either side a little thinner aswell.

Also, I think it would look better if you had alligned the grain of the wood in the buttsleeve,
that is assuming the buttsleeve was from the same piece of wood.

gr. Dave

Dave...

I did the large ring work to be an eye grabber on an other wise bland SP.... When I do rings like that ... I make the width .200 at the butt cap, .175 at the bottom of the handle. .150 at the A joint (this cue doesn't have one) and .125 at the joint and shaft.

I assure you that the grain is aligned in the butt..... I marked it with a marker before I sectioned it and realigned it when I glued it up........... remember it is wood and the grain is twisted and not in a straight line..............

Kim

Last edited:

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I love the fact that you took the time an effort to core a SP.

That speaks volumes to your attitude as a CM.

Nice work Kim.

Rick

I have that big dam drill and I core everything...........

When you're a hammer .......... everything looks like a nail............ LOL

Kim

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
I'm a sucker for a sneaky pete. This cue looks great. It just screams play and play and play and play. Nice job!

lollygager

Got any questions ???????
Silver Member
SP Cue

You do understand that as you progress, and you sure have! The more I will challenge you in the cue you build for me.I realize that now my name is probably in at the 10 yr. Mark.I'll buy the damm beers!

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Dave...

I did the large ring work to be an eye grabber on an other wise bland SP.... When I do rings like that ... I make the width .200 at the butt cap, .175 at the bottom of the handle. .150 at the A joint (this cue doesn't have one) and .125 at the joint and shaft.

I assure you that the grain is aligned in the butt..... I marked it with a marker before I sectioned it and realigned it when I glued it up........... remember it is wood and the grain is twisted and not in a straight line..............

Kim

Hello Kim,

As mentioned, the ringwork is personal so if you like it and the buyer likes it then all is well.

I did look at the grain again real close and I just don't see it lining up, at least in the pictures.
I highlighted a big dark bit of grain and a long thin line of dark grain that I just don't see in the buttsleeve.

Again, maybe it is just the pictures in which case everything is fine, but I would hate to think
that you think I am just saying things.

gr. Dave

Attachments

• Grainnolines.jpg
    Grainnolines.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 328
  • Grainwithlines.jpg
    Grainwithlines.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 350

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Hello Kim,

As mentioned, the ringwork is personal so if you like it and the buyer likes it then all is well.

I did look at the grain again real close and I just don't see it lining up, at least in the pictures.
I highlighted a big dark bit of grain and a long thin line of dark grain that I just don't see in the buttsleeve.

Again, maybe it is just the pictures in which case everything is fine, but I would hate to think
that you think I am just saying things.

gr. Dave

I will take a better pic today....

Kim

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
grain lined up

the grain is twisted......... but these pics show the alignment

remember.... it's wood

Kim