Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Billiards of Springfield, Feb 10-12. Missouri residents only

Last edited:

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
One bump for the Missouri players. I probably won't play this year for a number of reasons - the main one being the no smoking situation in Springfield. Yes, I am THAT addicted.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I'm in very north central Arkansas. Just below West Plains, MO. Wish these events didn't require Missouri citizenship. Sigh.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wonder if they will get enough word out? Didnt have enough interest for the eightball,although i attribute that to them not mailing out flyers. Believe it or not not everyone has access to a computor. We are talking about poolplayers here. Also it sounds like springfield has gone smokeless,i remember how that turned out in columbia.

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Smoke Nazis!

Pool is still alive and well in Springfield even though the smoke nazis have robbed us of this freedom. I'll be puttin' my hat in the ring again this year as usual. :thumbup:

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I messed up my back in a car wreck on 12/27, but if I can get out of this damned back brace in time, I will be down there. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Aaron

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Damn bro!

I KNOW a little somethin' about those damned car wrecks Aaron, I'll be prayin' you recover soon and can come down and enjoy State brotha. Wishin' you the best man!

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I believe there is a typo in the flyer with regard to the races - should be race to 6 instead of 5.

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I KNOW a little somethin' about those damned car wrecks Aaron, I'll be prayin' you recover soon and can come down and enjoy State brotha. Wishin' you the best man!

Thanks for the kind words, Sam, and I hope you don't have too many lingering issues/pain from your wreck. I will probably see you down there.

Take care,
Aaron

brandonspitler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm....

As much as i would love to come play, ive just been working too muchand not a chance to practice. the smoking ban also dissuades me. ive played in it twice, got 4th, then 3rd, so i guess ill have to skip my year to get 2nd LOL!
good luck to all who enter, hittum good gentlemen!

Brandon Lee Spitler.

PS, How's about a state onepocket event, with added money and a race to 4???? bring my big ass outta retirement! LOL!:thumbup:

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Fantasy

As much as i would love to come play, ive just been working too muchand not a chance to practice. the smoking ban also dissuades me. ive played in it twice, got 4th, then 3rd, so i guess ill have to skip my year to get 2nd LOL!
good luck to all who enter, hittum good gentlemen!

Brandon Lee Spitler.

PS, How's about a state onepocket event, with added money and a race to 4???? bring my big ass outta retirement! LOL!:thumbup:

Keep that one pocket dream alive brotha! I tried to just have a local one last year and only got two signups including myself! Pretty sad man, I'm glad to hear your workin' and doin' well though bro! Gimme a hollar whenever man! I'm gettin' married in June! :thumbup:

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your getting married in june ,than you might want to change that, "my way" under your name. Congratulations.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I'm in very north central Arkansas. Just below West Plains, MO. Wish these events didn't require Missouri citizenship. Sigh.

This hasn't stopped them from letting quite a few out of staters play repeatedly. If Phil likes you, give it a shot.

These state tournaments take money OUT of the prize pool - good luck with your dream of added money to anything.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This hasn't stopped them from letting quite a few out of staters play repeatedly. If Phil likes you, give it a shot.

These state tournaments take money OUT of the prize pool - good luck with your dream of added money to anything.

Bring on the hate.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Bring on the hate.

Bring on the truth.

Don't know how long you have been around but would you give me $500 for every out of state player that has played (and placed high) in this event?

Speaking of $500, that is what was removed from the prize pool to pay for the trophies - the same trophies the players got charged for on the 1099.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As for how long i've been around, i've been going to columbia and springfield since 82. Don't have any illussion's of ever winning just en joy seeing guys i've known since i was 21.I'm now 52, know theres money taken out ,but just cant see why you have to knock this tourny every year. You did the same thing last year.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Knock the tournament?

As for how long i've been around, i've been going to columbia and springfield since 82. Don't have any illussion's of ever winning just en joy seeing guys i've known since i was 21.I'm now 52, know theres money taken out ,but just cant see why you have to knock this tourny every year. You did the same thing last year.

I think that the facts are just being thrown out, players do NOT want a trophy, they want CASH.

Just put up a plaque and put the winners name on it each year.

This tournament drags in lots of players, like watches says, they all are NOT Missouri residents. All you have to do is secure a Missouri ID and you are in? perhaps not even that.

I know a bunch of players that make the trip, year after year.:grin-square: