Cushion Glue

Cueball13

Registered
What’s a good cushion glue to use to install new rail cushions that will hold ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I've never seen any discussion of glue on th his forum. It's never come up. Nobody here has any strong opinions or knows anything about glue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I've never seen any discussion of glue on th his forum. It's never come up. Nobody here has any strong opinions or knows anything about glue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There are those here who know glue. But it can turn into a sticky subject.

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
I use the 3M 10 as recommended by Glenn aka Real King Cobra in a mechanics forum discussion years ago.

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
I didn’t know about this, Glenn.

Do you still apply with a paint roller? What is your preferred roller cover? As in nap length and material.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Do you still apply with a paint roller? What is your preferred roller cover? As in nap length and material.

Yes, still use a 3/16" nap roller, but not nearly as much glue needs to be rolled out with my new glue. I've fixed the working time, made it to have a longer open working time. No more problems with the last of the glue in a can getting to thick to work with either, so you get the use of every drop of glue. I average 8 7ft recoveries per quart too. Also no more paint can style containers, now the cans have a screw off lid that also works as a pour spout. Stronger rated shear strength rating as well compared to 3M10.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Best glue I've ever put the facings on with too, nothing compares to that!!

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
I have no idea who's website is the best,

I didn’t know if you had a better deal with someone carrying it, where you could maximize your profit. I can just Google it.
Thanks, I’ll definitely be trying that glue!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I didn’t know if you had a better deal with someone carrying it, where you could maximize your profit. I can just Google it.
Thanks, I’ll definitely be trying that glue!

No, I don't get involved with the retail pricing with my distribution networks, only if they offer it for sale less than the MAP.

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wildwood contact cement been used for years and definitely holds great..apply according to instructions . very inexpensive

realkingcobra

Silver Member
wildwood contact cement been used for years and definitely holds great..apply according to instructions . very inexpensive

Weldwood don't have enough shear strength to hold the cloth on the slate as tight as needed, and it's still not strong enough to keep the facings from dropping, I've used it before, when I first started working on pool tables. Cheap is not always the best.