Old
  (#271)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

03-15-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
Instead of GB, let's just say anyone that doesn't use CTE.

You're the one who made the claim about GB to begin with as a comparison. NOBODY uses GB.

So players that don't use CTE (to my knowledge) that could give most of the players you listed the 7

SVB
Wu
JL Chang
Ko Bros
Orcollo
Filler
Shaw
Biado
Sky

The only reason I even brought it up, is because you listed these CTE players as if they've accomplished so much. When in reality, only one of them (Tyler Styer) has any relevance in professional pool. He's the only one that could give any of the players I listed above a run for their money.

No one else on your list would want any piece of the players on mine without a significant handicap.
There's a lot more to CTE than just A, B, C visuals which you apparently never learned or cared to learn. They might not be using the visuals but they are doing things connected with it that are paramount.

First of all, what happened to THIS from you? https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=317247

About your list...Every single one of those players you listed SWEEPS into their shot lines......They don’t use ghostball. None of them.

They’re all in the CTE position at ball address. What they're visualizing to get there is unknown except to them. But they are in position. This is vital.

Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE

Last edited by SpiderWebComm; 03-15-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Old
  (#272)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-15-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm View Post
They’re all in the CTE position at ball address.
lol

Everything is CTE.

pj <- but it's not a religion, nosiree
chgo

Old
  (#273)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
lol

Everything is CTE.

pj <- but it's not a religion, nosiree
chgo
And everything is a Pat Johnsonism. But he doesn't see himself as a pool GOD that he would like people to think, nosiree.

Old
  (#274)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2020, 09:01 AM

If we set up a cut shot to pocket a ball center pocket
Wouldn't all players be in identical alignment ie cue stick pointing straight at the same place just prior to Shooting regardless of aiming method ?
Assuming vertcal axis shot no spin

Old
  (#275)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed

03-15-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
If we set up a cut shot to pocket a ball center pocket
Wouldn't all players be in identical alignment ie cue stick pointing straight at the same place just prior to Shooting regardless of aiming method ?
Assuming vertcal axis shot no spin

NO. Which is why there's a big difference between a SL 2 and SL 7 in the APA who "think" they're in the identical correct alignment for making the shot.

They aren't which is why they miss and have the ranking they do.

Old
  (#276)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-15-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
NO. Which is why there's a big difference between a SL 2 and SL 7 in the APA who "think" they're in the identical correct alignment for making the shot.

It wasn't clear in his post, but I think bbb may have also meant for the shot to be made.

Meaning if 100 players all got down on the exact same shot and made the ball.

Wouldn't their sticks point in the same direction prior to pulling the trigger?

I think the answer would be yes.

Old
  (#277)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:

I am sorry I should’ve been more precise
Assuming everyone is in position to make the shot wouldn’t they all end up in the same position regardless if they swept and pivoted or step straight into the line ?

Old
  (#278)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed

03-15-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
It wasn't clear in his post, but I think bbb may have also meant for the shot to be made.

Meaning if 100 players all got down on the exact same shot and made the ball.

Wouldn't their sticks point in the same direction prior to pulling the trigger?

I think the answer would be yes.
In a perfect world of pro pool players and excellent amateur players I would also venture to say yes.

But what separates the makes from the misses is how to get to that place on CCB to the impact place on the OB when they collide. Now we're into another phase which is quality and accuracy of the stroke.

What will be the success rate between pros, good amateurs, and APA 3, 4, & 5?

Old
  (#279)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed

03-15-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
I am sorry I should’ve been more precise
Assuming everyone is in position to make the shot wouldn’t they all end up in the same position regardless if they swept and pivoted or step straight into the line ?
If they all did it perfectly with each of their aiming systems, probably so.

It all depends on how skilled they are with their aiming method. I'm not against any aiming system. I've used almost all of them over 30 years. Some more dependable and better than others. It depends on our own set of eyes and what we see best to get there.

Old
  (#280)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed

03-15-2020, 02:08 PM

Here's something for you to think about. It doesn't have to do with CTE or any other system.

This is going to be pretty simple but it can also be done with more acute cut angles.

Let's say the OB is even with the side pocket and the CB is two diamonds away back toward the head side. The balls are lined up straight to each other to impact the OB halfway between the pocket and first diamond on the foot rail.

If I line up center CB to dead center of the OB can I easily make the OB in the corner pocket without standing back up to get a straight line to the contact point?

What would I have to do to make it?

Old
  (#281)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
There's a lot more to CTE than just A, B, C visuals which you apparently never learned or cared to learn. They might not be using the visuals but they are doing things connected with it that are paramount.
First of all, what happened to THIS from you? https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=317247
About your list...Every single one of those players you listed SWEEPS into their shot lines......They don’t use ghostball. None of them.
They’re all in the CTE position at ball address. What they're visualizing to get there is unknown except to them. But they are in position. This is vital.
Spiderman,
I recently heard that Fedor Gorst, another great Pro hitter, told another pro that he also sweeps into his shots.
I'm going to hunt down some of his games and throw the slow motion on him and see if he's as sly with it as Aranas.
You will get the report in a P.M. since the 'outfit' here doesn't understand or believe anything from me and will trash it endlessly. (I didn't know until last week that they can still see my posts even when I have them on "ignore"). You know, when you block someone on that "Facebook" place they no longer get to see anything you post.
Regards and keep on dodging the Corona Balogna hysteria,
P.L.

***Inside every 'progressive' there exists a totalitarian fighting to get out and tell everyone how to live their lives

Old
  (#282)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

03-15-2020, 04:36 PM

Soon, every pro will have invisible sweeps and pivots .
Gotta love the bullsh8.

I see Fedora tilting his head often to see the contact point.
Pfft!

Last edited by JoeyInCali; 03-15-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Old
  (#283)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

03-15-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Here's something for you to think about. It doesn't have to do with CTE or any other system.

This is going to be pretty simple but it can also be done with more acute cut angles.

Let's say the OB is even with the side pocket and the CB is two diamonds away back toward the head side. The balls are lined up straight to each other to impact the OB halfway between the pocket and first diamond on the foot rail.

If I line up center CB to dead center of the OB can I easily make the OB in the corner pocket without standing back up to get a straight line to the contact point?

What would I have to do to make it?
spidey
could you post a diagram of the layout please?

Old
  (#284)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
Spiderman,
I recently heard that Fedor Gorst, another great Pro hitter, told another pro that he also sweeps into his shots.
I'm going to hunt down some of his games and throw the slow motion on him and see if he's as sly with it as Aranas.
Funny how when I say that a pro does this or that I can't possibly know what is going on in his head but when you guys hear something about sweeps suddenly they must be using CTE. I have news for you. Even I sweep into my shots -- but it has absolutely nothing to do with CTE.

Dan White

Old
  (#285)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

03-15-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
Funny how when I say that a pro does this or that I can't possibly know what is going on in his head but when you guys hear something about sweeps suddenly they must be using CTE. I have news for you. Even I sweep into my shots -- but it has absolutely nothing to do with CTE.
The bridge hand is the opposite hand.
You can't bridge from the shooting hand side.
Unless you're shooting one handed.
Sweeps, Pfft!
Lowe has zero knowledge what Aranas does.
Just another name drop .

Page 19 of 39 « First 9171819 202129 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: