Old
  (#31)
Buzzard II
AzB Silver Member
Buzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-04-2020, 12:33 PM

I am a much better motorcycle rider and even better at skiing than pool player. But I can guarantee you this... You never, ever, look at the trees when skiing the trees. You look where you want to go. Unless you want to join Sonny Bono.

Scott, times are tough, why bother?

Old
  (#32)
goettlicher
AzB Silver Member
goettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege View Post
Who says I dont believe in SPF? Its got legitimacy. Nick Varner agreed on this.

What I dont believe is that rolling balls down the table (the Mother Drills) is going to make you better.

I dont believe the cue goes where your eyes go.

I dont believe my motorcycle is going into the ditch if i look over into the ditch.

I dont believe you have to keep that elbow up and pinned and shoot with a pendulum/snooker stroke.

I dont believe you should shoot the break shot with the elbow up and pinned. This one absolutely boggled my mind.

I dont believe you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to look at the OB last.

r/DCP

Well, that explains your skill level struggles.

randyg

P.B.I.A Master Instructor
2018 Instructor of the year
www.randygpool.com

Old
  (#33)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-05-2020, 03:53 PM

DCP
you resurrect threads from many years ago for problems which should have been resolved many years ago
you seek help endlessly yet dont follow advice
its YOU thats the problem not them
jmho
i think i am SPOT ON ....
tough love bro

Last edited by bbb; 08-05-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Old
  (#34)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
DCP
you resurrect threads from many years ago for problems which should have been resolved many years ago Problems occur all the time. Even to people like Tiger Woods.
you seek help endlessly yet dont follow advice I dont? Well, no, I dont follow ridiculous advice.
its YOU thats the problem not them You could have a SMALL point here.
jmho
tough love bro
Thoughts attached.

Thanks for the tough love.

r/DCP

Playing Cue: Chad Carter Custom - Bloodwood & Holly
Break Cue: Schon butt/Chad Carter shaft
Table: Gold Crown IV
Cloth: Simonis 860 Apple Green

Old
  (#35)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
DCP
you resurrect threads from many years ago for problems which should have been resolved many years ago
you seek help endlessly yet dont follow advice
its YOU thats the problem not them
jmho
tough love bro
"its YOU thats the problem not them ".....me
"You could have a SMALL point here."....you
go deeper in to your intuition and you will find i am right
you need to find an instructor you buy in to and have virtual lessons every 1-2 weeks
assuming you have a table at home AND you will put in the table time to work on each weeks goal
jmho

Old
  (#36)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard II View Post
I am a much better motorcycle rider and even better at skiing than pool player. But I can guarantee you this... You never, ever, look at the trees when skiing the trees. You look where you want to go. Unless you want to join Sonny Bono.
hey buzz
can you relate your ski experience back to pool?
in pool, what's the equivalent of looking "where you want to go"?

A billiard table is that richest of metaphors,
by turns a theatre, an altar, touchstone, gauntlet,
ritual ground, a gunfighter's high noon, a refuge,
a verdant landscape for balls to scatter and rest in meaningful synchronicity,
a classroom, a karma dance, mirror of moods, a guide and trusted friend...

-- from grissim's "billiards"

Old
  (#37)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
"its YOU thats the problem not them ".....me
"You could have a SMALL point here."....you
go deeper in to your intuition and you will find i am right
you need to find an instructor you buy in to and have virtual lessons every 1-2 weeks
assuming you have a table at home AND you will put in the table time to work on each weeks goal
jmho
of course it's us
we could blame everybody and everything
but ultimately we're the ones shooting

not just in pool, but in life
I think we gotta "buy in" to ourselves
before we can ever get the most out of another person
not to say visiting with another opinion/perspective couldn't help
sometimes we need that
same deal tho
there are different ways to get there
but at the end of the day, it's on us as individuals
to choose which way we go

A billiard table is that richest of metaphors,
by turns a theatre, an altar, touchstone, gauntlet,
ritual ground, a gunfighter's high noon, a refuge,
a verdant landscape for balls to scatter and rest in meaningful synchronicity,
a classroom, a karma dance, mirror of moods, a guide and trusted friend...

-- from grissim's "billiards"

Old
  (#38)
Allen Brown
Pool Whale
Allen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 06:51 PM

I had the pleasure of meeting Scott and learning from him. I struggled with some of the things I learned and hung in there with his teachings. My game has went to another level and I give credit to the teaching methods Scott used on me. I’m a believer.

Old
  (#39)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Brown View Post
I had the pleasure of meeting Scott and learning from him. I struggled with some of the things I learned and hung in there with his teachings. My game has went to another level and I give credit to the teaching methods Scott used on me. Iím a believer.
Thats good to hear Allen.

By the way.......I have a bridge up there in Brooklyn and I am selling it at a real low price. Interested?

Old
  (#40)
Allen Brown
Pool Whale
Allen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege View Post
Thats good to hear Allen.

By the way.......I have a bridge up there in Brooklyn and I am selling it at a real low price. Interested?
Have you ever participated in their teachings?

Old
  (#41)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member

08-05-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Brown View Post
Have you ever participated in their teachings?
Yes. Learned a little. Most of what was put forth that day was, well, lets just say wasnt worth much.

And with the PMs I received both before and after, well, I'll just stop right there.......

Old
  (#42)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

08-06-2020, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergruven View Post
of course it's us
we could blame everybody and everything
but ultimately we're the ones shooting

not just in pool, but in life
I think we gotta "buy in" to ourselves
before we can ever get the most out of another person
not to say visiting with another opinion/perspective couldn't help
sometimes we need that
same deal tho
there are different ways to get therer
but at the end of the day, it's on us as individuals
to choose which way we go
Sent you a greenie

Old
  (#43)
Buzzard II
AzB Silver Member
Buzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond repute

08-06-2020, 05:34 AM

Evergruven, my point in skiing the trees is to look where you want to go.

DCP said on a prior page, "I don't believe the cue goes where your eyes go" He also said "I don't believe my motorcycle is going into the ditch if I look over into the ditch"

I would suggest that Mr. DCP take the California Superbike School. They specialize in teaching cornering. He is very wrong on his version of how to ride a motorcycle. Fifty years ago I raced. Equipment has changed, physics, not so much. You go where the eyes go. At 80 mph those eyes damn well better be focused a long way down the track.

I've taken lessons from both Scott and Randyg. Yeah I believe in SPF. But last time I was with Randy he groused about my eye pattern. I spent the next three days doing whatever drills but really focusing on my eye pattern. When I got home I concentrated on the eyes for the next month. It was a huge jump. A lazer focus on the OB and the CB follows.

Somehow searching for an instructor that says, yeah your right, look at the CB, ditch or trees is going to be much help. Blowing a pool shot no big deal. Eating an oak tree is a BFD.

Old
  (#44)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

08-06-2020, 08:02 AM

This thread was from 2012. It's 8 years old.

This person revived it, clearly knowing it's age: DrCue'sProtege.

To everyone else --- read the dates when responding to threads.

Old
  (#45)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member

08-06-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
This thread was from 2012. It's 8 years old. So?

This person revived it, clearly knowing it's age: DrCue'sProtege. Correct

To everyone else --- read the dates when responding to threads. What difference does age make?
Some more good info came out of reviving this thread. And it wasnt me that started the attacks. It was the same person that recently has attacked me, genmachino, and of all people Mike Sigel. He said Mike Sigel doesnt have a clue and his video is worthless.

r/DCP

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: