Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page I love Danny Diliberto but this commentary is brutal.
Page 2 of 11 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
Nick B
This is gonna hurt
Nick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-27-2015, 11:41 AM

Mr. Diliberto is legend and a treat. What's the matter with some of you? You don't like Puppy Dogs and Rainbows.

Nick

Cue: Foster, Break/Jump: Foster
http://www.fostercues.com/
Name: Nick Beretanos

Old
  (#17)
asbani
AzB Silver Member
asbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 498

01-27-2015, 11:53 AM

This is amazing, I came to the forums to make a post about this and I found this thread on 1st page. You sir who made this thread, we think the same.

Listen guys, I love Danny to bits, he's a good guy and I respect him, he used to make good calls when he was younger, but right now it's out of hand. I'm sorry but 70% of the stuff he says are either incorrect, or not doable.

Like just now 5seconds ago watching one pocket, the ball is frozen near the rail and Danny goes "He can kick it into his pocket" and I'm in my room yelling ! HOW CAN HE KICK THAT ITS FROZEN. I mean I understand sometimes they have different point of view or can't see angles, but he has a TV next to him, the same one that I am watching, and some of the stuff he says just don't make sense.

And what troubles me more, is Mike sitting next to him and he feels so intimidated that he is scared to death to correct him, only because he is Danny doesn't mean you can't correct him.

Also one thing that I don't like, is when Danny goes "what is he doing, I don' like this shot, my shot is the right one" When in fact his shot isnt even there, either he seeing it wrong or its just not doable due to angle or something along these lines.

Anyway my point is, Danny now is in the retired age, he can't call things right and I think him being older has alot to do with it. Back in the days I like his calls. I just wish Billy comes to the booth to correct every mistake Danny makes. Cause things he say just drive me nuts

Old
  (#18)
thewhiffer
AzB Silver Member
thewhiffer has a reputation beyond reputethewhiffer has a reputation beyond reputethewhiffer has a reputation beyond reputethewhiffer has a reputation beyond reputethewhiffer has a reputation beyond reputethewhiffer has a reputation beyond reputethewhiffer has a reputation beyond reputethewhiffer has a reputation beyond reputethewhiffer has a reputation beyond reputethewhiffer has a reputation beyond reputethewhiffer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-27-2015, 12:11 PM

Accu Stats should be commended for having him be a part of this. Bravo, Pat!

Old
  (#19)
actionplayer
AzB Silver Member
actionplayer has a reputation beyond reputeactionplayer has a reputation beyond reputeactionplayer has a reputation beyond reputeactionplayer has a reputation beyond reputeactionplayer has a reputation beyond reputeactionplayer has a reputation beyond reputeactionplayer has a reputation beyond reputeactionplayer has a reputation beyond reputeactionplayer has a reputation beyond reputeactionplayer has a reputation beyond reputeactionplayer has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2015, 12:28 PM

yes he was at tunring stone and I had to mute it, he is soooooo bad
its a shame its almost embarrassing

Old
  (#20)
pool101
AzB Gold Member
pool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

01-27-2015, 12:28 PM

He calls a lot of shots I do not see, but I am not much of a 1pckt player. His calling the balls the wrong number do to the colors shows how bad the colors confuse the players. I hate watching the stream with the tv balls, I can't tell what F..in ball they are talking about half the time. Danny seems to have it worse, at least I can tell a stripe ball from a solid.
Mark

Last edited by pool101; 01-27-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Old
  (#21)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
01-27-2015, 12:34 PM

Friendship, loyalty and assistance to one who needs it.

Old
  (#22)
macguy
AzB Silver Member
macguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybamateur View Post
Could any of my fellow AZBilliard people please tell me what Tournaments ( Big or Small) that Danny DiLiberto has won in his Pool Career? It seems that he has played every old time player, and won of course, and would like to know a little more about his Career, Thanks!
Well, he won the Johnston city all around tournament.. Since pool has never really had a tour, like a lot of other players he won a lot of state wide tournaments around the country.

He was twice runner up in the BCA US Open. He beat most everybody of his era at any one time. I sat there and watched him beat Miz for $5000. playing straight pool a 400 point game. Danny had a run of over 200 in that game.

In Miz's book miz says the next day Danny would not give him a return match. This was not true. Danny had backers who blew the money at the dog track and Miz left town before they could put together another group to put up the money.

Danny also beat Cisero Murphy the same type of match again running around 200 in the match. Danny wasted a lot of his prime years hanging around Miami going to the dog tracks, fishing and playing here and there.

He went quite a few years not hardly playing at all. This may account for much of his lack or tournaments wins. You have to go to them and play to win. Most were just a waste of time and money with no prize funds.

Not to mention, living in south Florida is like the end of the world compared to the rest of the country. It is like 450 miles to the state line. I was at a 9 ball tournament once and I had I think some bad food or something. I could not play I was really sick

I was looking to sell my entry spot for like half price. Danny came in and I gave it to him and we went half's. He didn't even want to play he was there I guess maybe to match up or something.

He blew right through the tournament winning easily. Lots of good players, Steve Cook, David Howard, Grady Mathews, Miz and others I can't remember. And Danny didn't really play 9 ball.

I saw him win a ring 9 ball tournament. They played with chips like the poker tournaments and you had to bust the table to move on. In the final there were 4 players on the table and at a point it was just Danny and another black player real good player.

Danny was almost out of chips and it looked like it was over. Danny began making a come back and 15 hours later he busted the guy. Danny could really play no doubt it. Very good under pressure.

Don't go so much by tournaments wins. Unless you were a tournament fanatic like say Sigel, who probably spent as much going to tournaments as he ever won, it was pretty hard to have a very good resume. Tournaments were few and far between and paid almost nothing. I think Danny would rather go fishing most of the time.

I think a funny thing happened with Danny. He was discovered by a new generation with the internet. Doing the commentary and so on he has become somewhat of an Icon, a status he never had before. It came along later on in life and I am glad he has had the opportunity to enjoy some recognition now.

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
Thomas A. Edison

Last edited by macguy; 01-27-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Old
  (#23)
itsfroze
AzB Silver Member
itsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2015, 01:45 PM

=============

Last edited by itsfroze; 04-18-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Old
  (#24)
macguy
AzB Silver Member
macguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsfroze View Post
Very nice post, THANKS
I have to make a change in that. I think Miz and Danny did play a second match later on with Miz winning and then leaving town.

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
Thomas A. Edison

Old
  (#25)
robsnotes4u
AzB Silver Member
robsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to robsnotes4u 
01-27-2015, 01:50 PM

I like listening to Danny and I am very thankful it isn't that Alvin guy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Robert Martin
Billings, MT

Cue...2011 Keith Josey Custom
Ob Break Cue

Old
  (#26)
JMuck
JMuck has a reputation beyond reputeJMuck has a reputation beyond reputeJMuck has a reputation beyond reputeJMuck has a reputation beyond reputeJMuck has a reputation beyond reputeJMuck has a reputation beyond reputeJMuck has a reputation beyond reputeJMuck has a reputation beyond reputeJMuck has a reputation beyond reputeJMuck has a reputation beyond reputeJMuck has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-27-2015, 01:52 PM

Good post macguy.Context and back story can make a difference in judging why Danny is there.I think he still belongs.

Get bigger monitors for him and he might not miss a lick.

Old
  (#27)
xianmacx
AzB Silver Member
xianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2015, 01:56 PM

Danny D is a legend. hes been there and done that. I don't care if he talks about boxing, or bowling, he SHOULD be in the booth. You guys can have your boring commentators that cant carry Danny's pool case.

Ian

Old
  (#28)
itsfroze
AzB Silver Member
itsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2015, 02:01 PM

=============

Last edited by itsfroze; 04-18-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Old
  (#29)
fan-tum
AzB Silver Member
fan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2015, 02:06 PM

I wouldn't mind too much his continued commentating, but only if the other guy had the cojones to occasionally say.."Danny, what the hell are you talking about. That ball wasn't anywhere close to scratching".

..what..behind the rabbit?

Old
  (#30)
Hal2
AzB Silver Member
Hal2 has a reputation beyond reputeHal2 has a reputation beyond reputeHal2 has a reputation beyond reputeHal2 has a reputation beyond reputeHal2 has a reputation beyond reputeHal2 has a reputation beyond reputeHal2 has a reputation beyond reputeHal2 has a reputation beyond reputeHal2 has a reputation beyond reputeHal2 has a reputation beyond reputeHal2 has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2015, 02:08 PM

Great post macguy and I second your opinion. I enjoy listening to Danny along with his candor and stories.

Name: Hal
Pool cues: Balabushka, G. Szamboti, B. Szamboti, Tascarella
Cue cases: Fellini, Centennial and Justis

Favorite game: Straight pool
.................................................. ......................
Time is too valuable for a cheap watch

Page 2 of 11 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: