Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Came up with a game. Am I reinventing the wheel?
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Came up with a game. Am I reinventing the wheel?
Old
  (#1)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member
jaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Came up with a game. Am I reinventing the wheel? - 07-30-2020, 05:36 PM

So I came up with the game. I'm wondering if I'm Reinventing the wheel and this has already been done?

Basically I call it fifteen ball it's like 9 ball with 15 balls. You rack a standard set of 15 balls. The one is at the front of the triangle. The 9-ball is right next to the one. The two and the 10 ball are at the other corners of the triangle. And the 15 ball is where the 8-ball normally is. You break and any balls you make on the break that are out of order you have to respot. You have to shoot the balls in order and you cannot hit a ball into another ball to make it. So for example if you make a one ball in then you have to make the two and you cannot hit the two into the 5 to make the five. If you do it would just be spotted and you would lose your turn.

If you shoot the cue ball and you hit the wrong ball or you do not hit any balls or you make the wrong ball in. The cue ball stays where it is and your opponent does not get ball in hand. You only get ball in hand if the opponent scratches.

So thoughts?

Old
  (#2)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

07-30-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_lion View Post
So I came up with the game. I'm wondering if I'm Reinventing the wheel and this has already been done?

Basically I call it fifteen ball it's like 9 ball with 15 balls. You rack a standard set of 15 balls. The one is at the front of the triangle. The 9-ball is right next to the one. The two and the 10 ball are at the other corners of the triangle. And the 15 ball is where the 8-ball normally is. You break and any balls you make on the break that are out of order you have to respot. You have to shoot the balls in order and you cannot hit a ball into another ball to make it. So for example if you make a one ball in then you have to make the two and you cannot hit the two into the 5 to make the five. If you do it would just be spotted and you would lose your turn.

If you shoot the cue ball and you hit the wrong ball or you do not hit any balls or you make the wrong ball in. The cue ball stays where it is and your opponent does not get ball in hand. You only get ball in hand if the opponent scratches.

So thoughts?
Maybe I missed something here in your description, but how do you determine the winner of the game?

Old
  (#3)
straightline
AzB Silver Member
straightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond repute

07-30-2020, 05:50 PM

It's restrictive to the extent that it seems a better drill than game. Reminds me of biker rules that state every detail of a shot must be stipulated or it's slop.

Old
  (#4)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member
jaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond repute

07-30-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNC View Post
Maybe I missed something here in your description, but how do you determine the winner of the game?

Sorry about that winner makes the 15 ball.

Old
  (#5)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

07-30-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Sorry about that winner makes the 15 ball.
In that case, for anyone below pro level, the first half of the game is rather meaningless. It wouldn’t really get interesting until you get down to the last 7 or 8 balls on the table.

Old
  (#6)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

07-30-2020, 06:42 PM

. .
Attached Images

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#7)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

07-30-2020, 06:42 PM

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#8)
justnum
Banned
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

07-30-2020, 06:49 PM

How about the game just being creating shots?

Its like counting, it’s more shallow than people think.

No winning no losing just exploration for both on and off the table shots

As for OP game

Need some time to try it out. New rotations put a clever spin on old patterns.

Sounds good prevents excessive turn taking. Defensive play could last a long time?

Should generate a great list of shots that result in stalemate games.

Last edited by justnum; 07-30-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Old
  (#9)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

07-30-2020, 07:30 PM

Mods, PLEASE give the guy a life sentence this time.

Old
  (#10)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

07-30-2020, 07:53 PM

Reinventing the wheel?....I don’t think so.
If someone asked me to play that game...I would tell him to think a little more on it.
...and does this mean you’ve mastered the games that actually exist?

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#11)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

07-30-2020, 07:54 PM

Jaime, you're spamming up the boards. How about one new thread a week?

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#12)
Cuebuddy
Mini cues
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-30-2020, 08:51 PM

How bout a game where the breaker breaks then shoots till he misses then the opponent gets to shoot, who ever makes the money ball wins.

Cuebuddy>>>invents pretty good....no?

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#13)
HNTFSH
Birds, Bass & Bottoms

HNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2020, 02:45 AM

Jaime is trying to figure out how to stretch that dollar.

Player #1: McDermott G1402
Player #2: Weir (or should I say Adam's Japan) Sneaky Pete
Break: McDermott Sledgehammer
Backup: Colt 1911

Deplorable since 1776

Old
  (#14)
justnum
Banned
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2020, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
Jaime is trying to figure out how to stretch that dollar.
New game means new tour.

I’d watch for an overflow of new players.

Get It, overflow, it’s a classic honeypot

Last edited by justnum; 07-31-2020 at 03:16 AM.

Old
  (#15)
336Robin
Multiverse Operative
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-31-2020, 03:56 AM

A new game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYhYJS7LC_Y

Quote:

So thoughts?

Progress is inevitable.

Live long and Prosper!

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: