Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Came up with a game. Am I reinventing the wheel?
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-31-2020, 04:06 AM

You might try a Four handed Full Rack rotation game. I think it was first called Cowboy Pocket Billiards, but we used to call it Odd Ball. Whom ever makes the one, is partners with the player that makes the 9. I'm not explain the rules, I think you can find it somewhere, BCA rule book might be a good place to start.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#17)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-31-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_lion View Post
So I came up with the game. I'm wondering if I'm Reinventing the wheel and this has already been done?

Basically I call it fifteen ball it's like 9 ball with 15 balls. You rack a standard set of 15 balls. The one is at the front of the triangle. The 9-ball is right next to the one. The two and the 10 ball are at the other corners of the triangle. And the 15 ball is where the 8-ball normally is. You break and any balls you make on the break that are out of order you have to respot. You have to shoot the balls in order and you cannot hit a ball into another ball to make it. So for example if you make a one ball in then you have to make the two and you cannot hit the two into the 5 to make the five. If you do it would just be spotted and you would lose your turn.

If you shoot the cue ball and you hit the wrong ball or you do not hit any balls or you make the wrong ball in. The cue ball stays where it is and your opponent does not get ball in hand. You only get ball in hand if the opponent scratches.

So thoughts?
There is a game called rotation you shoot them in order 1-15, although there are no restrictions with combinations I actually don't know of a game that actively has no combinations allowed or spotting any balls in a rotation game, past some rules where the game winner has to go last in 9 or 10 ball.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#18)
cue4me
AzB Silver Member
cue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
You might try a Four handed Full Rack rotation game. I think it was first called Cowboy Pocket Billiards, but we used to call it Odd Ball. Whom ever makes the one, is partners with the player that makes the 9. I'm not explain the rules, I think you can find it somewhere, BCA rule book might be a good place to start.
Odd ball is a great partner game, particularly when played by four players of fairly equal ability.

Old
  (#19)
cue4me
AzB Silver Member
cue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond reputecue4me has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2020, 08:50 AM

I don't know about re-inventing the wheel, but the way this game is described sounds overly difficult and not very well thought out. Quite honestly, it doesn't even sound like it would be fun to play.

Old
  (#20)
fastone371
Certifiable
fastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-31-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
So I came up with the game. I'm wondering if I'm Reinventing the wheel and this has already been done?

Basically I call it fifteen ball it's like 9 ball with 15 balls. You rack a standard set of 15 balls. The one is at the front of the triangle. The 9-ball is right next to the one. The two and the 10 ball are at the other corners of the triangle. And the 15 ball is where the 8-ball normally is. You break and any balls you make on the break that are out of order you have to respot. You have to shoot the balls in order and you cannot hit a ball into another ball to make it. So for example if you make a one ball in then you have to make the two and you cannot hit the two into the 5 to make the five. If you do it would just be spotted and you would lose your turn.

If you shoot the cue ball and you hit the wrong ball or you do not hit any balls or you make the wrong ball in. The cue ball stays where it is and your opponent does not get ball in hand. You only get ball in hand if the opponent scratches.

So thoughts?
A game very similar to that already exists, its called American Rotation I believe, its basically 10 ball with more balls. I think Joe Tucker was trying to get a nation wide league started in American Rotation a few years ago.

Old
  (#21)
Franky4Eyes
AzB Silver Member
Franky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Mods, PLEASE give the guy a life sentence this time.
I took a break from AZ because I got tired of all the verbal/visual confetti shooting outta the screen.
This pandemic has driven people to the point of maddening boredom.
I'm just happy that in the end, Jaime actually is not Justin.

Old
  (#22)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

07-31-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNC View Post
Maybe I missed something here in your description, but how do you determine the winner of the game?
There are no winners.
Everyone gets a participation ribbon.
It's a snow flake game.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#23)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

07-31-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky4Eyes View Post
I took a break from AZ because I got tired of all the verbal/visual confetti shooting outta the screen.
This pandemic has driven people to the point of maddening boredom.
I'm just happy that in the end, Jaime actually is not Justin.

The spelling,punctuation and making some sense rule out Cowboy.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#24)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
07-31-2020, 11:39 AM

The game adds nothing except unnecessary difficulty and complications. How about designating a spot for the 4 ball in the rack? Really really bad game.

Old
  (#25)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member
jaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2020, 11:44 AM

So the reason I developed this game is cause I love seeing the balls in order in the trap. And if you played on a bar box you would make the pool table allot of money if you make a ball in you would have to pay to get the balls out then re-spot the odd ball then put the balls back in the trap in order.

Old
  (#26)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
So the reason I developed this game is cause I love seeing the balls in order in the trap. And if you played on a bar box you would make the pool table allot of money if you make a ball in you would have to pay to get the balls out then re-spot the odd ball then put the balls back in the trap in order.
You're going to need a bigger pill bottle.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#27)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2020, 01:23 PM

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#28)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:

So thoughts?
On every shot you can push. Can your opponent give the shot back or push again?

Sounds like the name of the game should be push.

Old
  (#29)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
07-31-2020, 02:05 PM

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#30)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member
jaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post
On every shot you can push. Can your opponent give the shot back or push again?

Sounds like the name of the game should be push.
You can not give the ball back. You either have to make the correct ball in the pocket or it is the opponents turn.

What do you think about this penalty? If your jump to make a ball and you mis or hit the wrong ball in the opponent automatically wins the game.

Last edited by jaime_lion; 07-31-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: