Glue lines??

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome builds Mike. I've had a few requests for cues with white handle and I've been a bit hestitant to core big pieces of Juma, but it looks like it works just fine.
I got a shipment from Elforyn today, got a sample piece of their new Elforyn Tusk, that might be perfect for that ivory look :)

Hi Kim
The Elforyn was different for me, maybe my gun drill is dull. I step drilled and bored it from each side up to 5/8", then used. 3/4" and reamed it afterwards. For your Juma, I was talking to Eric at Atlas Billiard supply, he made a couple of cues with Juma handles. He used a Gun drill on the Juma. I did not use Gorilla glue on the core because Elforyn is not wood. I used West system with some 404 powder to thicken it. I put a lazy thread on the core but plenty of glue rings with work too. Think I have a picture some where.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMG_20181117_190413.jpg

If you zoom you can see the threads. Very consistant.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Kim
The Elforyn was different for me, maybe my gun drill is dull. I step drilled and bored it from each side up to 5/8", then used. 3/4" and reamed it afterwards. For your Juma, I was talking to Eric at Atlas Billiard supply, he made a couple of cues with Juma handles. He used a Gun drill on the Juma. I did not use Gorilla glue on the core because Elforyn is not wood. I used West system with some 404 powder to thicken it. I put a lazy thread on the core but plenty of glue rings with work too. Think I have a picture some where.

Thanks Mike, I would love some pictures from the construction phase.
I`ve seen some cues with segmented Juma handles and I know Exceed has some models with Juma handles or forearms.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Mike, I would love some pictures from the construction phase.
I`ve seen some cues with segmented Juma handles and I know Exceed has some models with Juma handles or forearms.

Your welcome. I put a picture above of a Vee groove. It's pretty clean. I bought a recut center to help going back to the same center but I modified it to make it more stable. On 6 and 8 point cues, I cut the shorter points first at 10 inches long. Then trim the excess and add the long points. I have an indexer on my lathe and I use a 1/2" porter cable router. I found what I didn't like about the lathe and carriage and adjusted what I needed too. I like 1/2" shanked Vee bits and I can cut up to 7" long channel's at a time to start. I don't like the Vee bits angle new, so I have them worked as soon as I get them. I'm pretty simple for the most part.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Awesome builds Mike. I've had a few requests for cues with white handle and I've been a bit hestitant to core big pieces of Juma, but it looks like it works just fine.
I got a shipment from Elforyn today, got a sample piece of their new Elforyn Tusk, that might be perfect for that ivory look :)

that Ivory Tusk is the Nutz, super light too for LD shafts:wink::thumbup:

Last edited:

joe c

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike, Great looking cue. Awesome job! Have a nice Thanksgiving , Christmas and Happy New Year.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fabulous craftsmanship and anal attention to detail are two of the things that separate the greats from the rest of the pack.

Beyond that this thread is one of the reasons I keep reading the forums. Every once in a while along comes a thread with fantastic information and no attacks. The forum of late has become a platform for insults, innuendo, outright lies and all sorts of garbage.

So my thanks go to Michael Webb for this informative and insightful thread. Class act and one beautiful cue!

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fabulous craftsmanship and anal attention to detail are two of the things that separate the greats from the rest of the pack.

Beyond that this thread is one of the reasons I keep reading the forums. Every once in a while along comes a thread with fantastic information and no attacks. The forum of late has become a platform for insults, innuendo, outright lies and all sorts of garbage.

So my thanks go to Michael Webb for this informative and insightful thread. Class act and one beautiful cue!

Thank you very much.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does Elforyn compare to Ivorine 3 as joint material?

Hardness wise. It's not to far apart on the final product. Machines very well. It is offered with grain and without. A few Cue makers are using it as ferrules. For sanding purposes there is no comparison to ivorine 3. Elforyn doesn't retain dust. For joints by itself. I don't know. I line all my joints with phenolic.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great looking new cue. I will never be a cuemaker or even a tip repairman. But I am always fascinated in learning how guys like you execute your ideas. Thanks for this posting and for your usual contributions to AZB.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great looking new cue. I will never be a cuemaker or even a tip repairman. But I am always fascinated in learning how guys like you execute your ideas. Thanks for this posting and for your usual contributions to AZB.

Thank you. Your gonna like this answer because my only logical answer is, I risk screwing it up. Then try to define it and begin again.

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s sharp looking, reminded me of those Christmas candy canes in terms of the colors. I like it, also like the 2nd one posted too.