Shaft for Meucci HP-1

bratnikotin

Registered
I have an old Meucci HP-1 (High Pro - 1) from 1992-1995 era.

I want to buy a shaft for it, but would like not to have to ship a cue butt somewhere and then wait for it to come back.
So, how can I know that if I buy a shaft online, that says "for Meuci, with the join numbers matching" that it will fit by diameter ? and not be thiner or thicker than a butt ?
I know the butt of the cue measures 20.80 millimeters in diameter.
- If I buy actual Meucci shaft, will it fit ?
- What if I want Predator, OB Or Mez or Schon? I mean, some popular brands. Do I
have to specify somewhere the butt diameter ?

Also, as a secondary question:
Would a Meucci shaft on Meucci be better than, let's say, a predator ? (I did love the handling of the shaft I have on it, that was a red dot. Unfortunately I cleaned and thinned it so much, that it became so thin, almost unplayable)

Thank you .

Last edited:

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your cue has ring work, and care about the look, the best choice is to get a new meucci shaft. Contact budget billiards.com. You can get any meucci shaft they make. The red dot is still made but "The Pro" is well regarded if you want to go lower deflection.

Predator and the other aftermarket shafts are usually sized at the typical width at the joint but it might be a small bit larger or smaller, which can drive some people nuts.

Good luck.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk