Why pool players seldom win big money

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use to love to watch the "A TEAM" on TV
The part where Hannibal says"I love it when a plan comes together"

Over the years I have been amazed at how seldom Road agents win any money,perhaps I am more amazed they win at all

They come to town hoping not to be recognized with a business plan that seems to be lets sneak up on some one with a lot of money and win it all

But when the cruel facts of reality assert them self against the Cleanliness of theory,their plan dissolves and oops

First they don't sneak up ,they dress the part,talk the part and shoot like pool hustlers.
They ask anybody and everybody yo play not knowing if he has any money or not,They show off their speed by beating the first victim and they have no strategy to locate and process the true Mark

Poker players describe this thus and you can not ,when you sit at the table for a certain time and you can not identify the sucker,it is probably you

Such is the plight of the average pool player,road player or wannabe

For years people have been calling me every time a road agent comes to town
We wait till they show their speed,hopefully win a few bucks and match up and play

Honestly ,the fact that I can't play a lick never kept me from playing,take heart fellow poor players
you need no skill to bust a good player,just be careful not to loan them any money

Remember pool hustlers are pool bums,next time you see one don't be afraid,
he is just looking for the opportunity to fatten your pockets,in the mean time keep your day job

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe you have grown comfortable in your years, padded by the cushion saved money provides.

A road agent is bleeding money each day that passes without a win.

It is 2012- very few folks can roll into town and play the scene for weeks/ months, waiting (read: hoping) to catch the big fish.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I believe you have grown comfortable in your years, padded by the cushion saved money provides.

A road agent is bleeding money each day that passes without a win.

It is 2012- very few folks can roll into town and play the scene for weeks/ months, waiting (read: hoping) to catch the big fish.

Well said. I used to fill my truck with 15$ lol....gum was 25c a pack. Cokes are 2$ gas 2.50-3.50
I got a hotel for 50$ few weeks ago when that nit in Georgia pulled out in front of me and murdered my hotrod.....isn’t even have hot water.

I love those car commercials

“Bring your car in we give you 6k over kbb and the truck is 55k....6 months before they were giving 10k off msrp....

Love them deals

Oh and it’s 2018 your 6 years behind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
there are still smart ones that make money. most are stupid and only make money from idiots and because they shoot so well.

those that cant make the rent are the bottom of the barrel anyways and always were.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you suspect he's a road agent, or he's showing too
much speed, he ain't doin' his job! :wink:

Somewhere there's a guy hustling on a bar table, playing the
long con. It IS a tough way to make a living in 2018, fo' sho'

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best hustler I ever saw was a C-level player...but man, could he talk. And he was extremely likeable and fun to be around. And he would have guys who played way worse than him and never gambled on pool in their life betting sums of money like $100 a game, and SPOTTING HIM. He was the type of guy I wouldn't bet against...and would BET ON without knowing any other info than he was "in a game". Triple Smart.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember a bar table hustler way back in the day in SoCal.. always
wore a trucker hat, sneaky pete with no case, always had that
'aw shucks' slightly drunk act going on. He'd buy his victim a beer
after beating him out of his paycheck. Drove a brand new Suburban,
parked it around the corner. Can't remember his name.. played great
bar table 8-ball.