US OPEN 9ball 2016/accommodation q

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Hi everyone,
This year I decided to go to the USOpen as a photographer. Tried to get in touch with Pat Fleming hoping to get a Media/press/photo pass for the event so I can move freely around the arena but it seems that my request it's not that important. I tried hard to help promoting this game either through my photos or my game, and I'll still do it no matter what...Anyway..I'll be there as a spectator with the camera in my hands and I know how tough will be to get good pics, but it is what it is. I like challenges...Not complaining !
Now my question for you ppl is ...do you have any idea where can I stay cheap but fine, around the event location? 3-5miles far is more than fine.
I don't want to break the bank for this as I am not gonna be paid for my work.
Thanks you all and please post if you'd like to meet. I will do free player portraits for you :))) and maybe play some for fun/cheap games.
All the best and GO USA!
See ya soon.
Chris N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone,
This year I decided to go to the USOpen as a photographer. Tried to get in touch with Pat Fleming hoping to get a Media/press/photo pass for the event so I can move freely around the arena but it seems that my request it's not that important. I tried hard to help promoting this game either through my photos or my game, and I'll still do it no matter what...Anyway..I'll be there as a spectator with the camera in my hands and I know how tough will be to get good pics, but it is what it is. I like challenges...Not complaining !
Chris N.

Chris, your request for a Photographer's Press Pass was reviewed and I could not verify that any of the media (Billiards Digest, Pool and Billiards Magazine, AZBilliards, etc.) had requested a pass for you. If you are photographing for the media, kindly forward that information directly to me.
Spectators at the US Open 9-Ball Championships will have a wonderful opportunity to capture images of their favorite players because spectator seating at the event is so close to the action.
There are restrictions, however.
Video recording is strictly prohibited.
Still photography is allowed, however the camera's flash and visible focusing lights must be disabled.
Thanks for your support!
Karl Kantrowitz, TD 2016 US Open 9-Ball Championships
email: kkdanamatt@aol.com

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Karl thanks for reply. I am not shooting for any of those magazines. I am freelance event photographer. I am NOT selling my photos. I only use them to promote the sport and me. If that's what it takes to get a photo pass I am fine shooting from the benches. Thanks again.
Good luck with the event.
All the best,
Chris N.

Ishooteem69

I GOT THE GOLD !
I tried to e mail you but there is some issue. Please contact me regarding a place to stay at the tournament. Steve 253-298-1224 text or call.

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Thank you Steve I found something.
Appreciated.
All the best sir
Chris N